White Dots on Bearded Dragon eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have little white dots on some of my bearded dragon eggs. Some are white and plump but some not so plump, with white dots. Could someone tell me what this means?

PuffTheBeardeDragon

Original Poster
here are some pics. there are 2 containers, one with eggs that i think are for sure good and the other with eggs im not so sure about, and they have white dots on them.
neweggs3.jpg

neweggs4.jpg

here are pics of the "good" eggs
neweggs2.jpg

and the eggs with white dots
neweggs.jpg

thanks in advance for any help

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
Your eggs are molding!! you should separate the ones with mold from the ones without and change the substrate to new clean perlite and make sure you disinfect the containers. The ones with mold might not make it, how far along are the eggs?

tundradragons

Hatchling Member
I would not toss them quite yet though, I have had eggs that looked far worse than that hatch. just be aware they might not, if they get slimey toss them. and it's fungus.

PuffTheBeardeDragon

Original Poster
Well I did toss those eggs actually, now I'm sort of wishing I hadn't. There are 6 left. The humidity in the incubator has been really high, usually going over 90%. The temps have stayed between 81-84degrees for the most part, but it has jumped a little higher and a little lower sometimes. not for long. The eggs that are left look good... but there is a smell. Its not rancid or anything, it might be just the perlite im smelling. Im not sure what to "smell" for. But the remaining eggs are white and look pretty normal

PuffTheBeardeDragon

Original Poster
also, the eggs feel soft. Is that normal? and like i said, 2 of my hydrometers are reading humidity over 90%, but one of the eggs is dimpling. I used a water dropper and dropped more water. The perlite doesnt look wet at all. In fact it looks dry, but why would the humidity be up so high? Should i make a new vermite bedding and make it wet again?? The eggs are about 3 weeks old.

PuffTheBeardeDragon

Original Poster
Ok so I candled the eggs and I am not seeing any veins. Just looks yellow throughout. How soon after they are laid should they be showing veins? I guess the entire batch was infertile after all.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I will second that.
After a week or so there is at the very least a redish pink color. If your seeing all yellow with no red spot of any size I would say infertile as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom