whidby island dragon is here! (ROCKY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
omg i saw that ad earlier because i was looking at bearded dragons near seattle since i live there i was looking for cages. If i could i'd adopt him and take him to a vet poor thing :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very sad. I can barely look, it kills me to see that. :cry:
There are no words to describe the situation that are nice, so I will refrain from any further comment. I hope someone can adopt him or he isn't going to make it.

Tracie

mellu

Juvie Member
I just texted him a picture of Lagu and invited him to join and pm me. I told him I'd help any way I can. Oh well, if he doesn't try to contact me, at least I costed him at least $0.35 for a picture message from Canada.

Telus unlimited texting FTW!

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
midmichicer":2bnfvhit said:
Someone really should take him in. If he was near me, I would have already taken him.

Do you think he'd be able to be nursed back to health? He looks so awful in that picture :'( Poor little guy

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
If there is anyone near Seattle that can go get that guy - I think after all this outcry the man should give him up for free. He does look extremely dehydrated and malnourished but baring any cancers or internal bacterial infections I think he could very well make a full recovery. I'd be willing to donate $10 to his recovery fund if Tracie perhaps wants to set up one -
after he is picked up.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
greathouseFarm":nm8dpb18 said:
If there is anyone near Seattle that can go get that guy - I think after all this outcry the man should give him up for free. He does look extremely dehydrated and malnourished but baring any cancers or internal bacterial infections I think he could very well make a full recovery. I'd be willing to donate $10 to his recovery fund if Tracie perhaps wants to set up one -
after he is picked up.

Ugh I feel terrible 'cuz I live in Seattle but I don't have room for him or the funds to take him to a vet im jus ta poor high school senior. But I do hope someone out there can for the poor guy :'(

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Well maybe you could just get the guy to turn him over to you and than take him to a local reptile rescue? He may not need a vet just some good long soaks and some vitamins and calcium. Good food! Who knows. I know it's a lot to take on but maybe if we all work together we can save this guy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a great idea. I hope we are able to find out what is going on with him. Poor thing, he deserves so much better than what he has.

Tracie

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
SRT12141992":2z5pydud said:
greathouseFarm":2z5pydud said:
after he is picked up.

Ugh I feel terrible 'cuz I live in Seattle but I don't have room for him or the funds to take him to a vet im jus ta poor high school senior. But I do hope someone out there can for the poor guy :'(
Do you think there is any way possible you could pick up this poor beardie? I did some research and there are a few reptile rescues in your area. Maybe you could contact one of them and see if you could bring him in.
Here are the few that I found

http://www.pnwreptilerescue.com/
http://www.pnwhs.org/ContactUs

This one is a site that has listings for rescue organizations in the state of Washington
http://www.rescuenetwork.org/locator/search.php?&state%5B%5D=Washington&sort=state

I know this is alot to ask of you, but if there is any way possible you could rescue this beardie or know of someone who could, you would be saving this beardie from this horrible existence.

If you are up to this, but feel uncomfortable with contacting the owner, I would be more than willing to call him and set something up for you to retrieve the beardie. That is if the owner is willing to go along with this.
Unfortunately, I am leaving for work soon and will not be home until 6:00 p.m.(central). If you are at all interested in helping, please let me know and I will contact the owner when I get home tonight. It is certainly worth a shot to help this poor beardie out.

If there is anyone else that sees this post that lives in the Seattle or surrounding area and would like to help to get this beardie, please respond. I believe if we all work together that this could be a possibility.

It is sad that this owner thinks this beardie is in a healthy state. I am appalled, to say the least. :(

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
The problem is whidbey isn't exactly the seattle area its about an hour away and I don't have a car right now :( If I had a car I would. Is there anyone on here closer with transportation that can help this poor little guy out?? I wish I could :(
gulfbrzdawn":1b33kl6w said:
SRT12141992":1b33kl6w said:
greathouseFarm":1b33kl6w said:
after he is picked up.

Do you think there is any way possible you could pick up this poor beardie? I did some research and there are a few reptile rescues in your area. Maybe you could contact one of them and see if you could bring him in.
Here are the few that I found

http://www.pnwreptilerescue.com/
http://www.pnwhs.org/ContactUs

This one is a site that has listings for rescue organizations in the state of Washington
http://www.rescuenetwork.org/locator/search.php?&state%5B%5D=Washington&sort=state

I know this is alot to ask of you, but if there is any way possible you could rescue this beardie or know of someone who could, you would be saving this beardie from this horrible existence.

If you are up to this, but feel uncomfortable with contacting the owner, I would be more than willing to call him and set something up for you to retrieve the beardie. That is if the owner is willing to go along with this.
Unfortunately, I am leaving for work soon and will not be home until 6:00 p.m.(central). If you are at all interested in helping, please let me know and I will contact the owner when I get home tonight. It is certainly worth a shot to help this poor beardie out.

If there is anyone else that sees this post that lives in the Seattle or surrounding area and would like to help to get this beardie, please respond. I believe if we all work together that this could be a possibility.

It is sad that this owner thinks this beardie is in a healthy state. I am appalled, to say the least. :(

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
"We won't be able to take care of his as well..." Really??? Cuz you're doing a bang-up job right now, buddy. :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

How is this not illegal? But with other animals, it is?

I really hope someone can help him! :cry:

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
At this point I would call animal services. It is illegal from what I understand for any animal. They can probably even figure out where he lives and go get the animal. I was just thinking to tread lightly and let him know we come in peace.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
i texted him asking about the bearded dragon and if he was willing to bring the price down or just sell the dragon to me. that was when i first posted and i have called him several times. i have had no answer and am considering flagging his post..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom