Where can I get small roaches for Juvi Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could tell me where to get small roaches for a baby and the name of them so I make sore to get the right ones
Thanks

Ryan Maguire

Sub-Adult Member
We need to know where you live (state, country etc).

The smallest would be Blatta Lateralis, it will take some time to get the colony going but should be good..

patrickb

Juvie Member
Blatta Lateralis AKA Turkestan roaches get my vote as well if you need some at a certain size in a large quantity now. If you are looking for a good roach to use as the main feeder in the long term, get yourself a colony of Dubia (Blaptica Dubia) started and they will be ready in about 6-8 months for feeding from. Lobster roaches (Nauphoeta cinerea) would also be an ok choice, but they can climb glass so I tend to not like them very much.

http://bestroach.com He's a very helpful member here on the boards that I have heard nothing but great things about. I have yet to do business with him, but come next spring when I get into some new species, he is gonna get my business. I think he may have the Turkestans, not sure. You could send him a PM or email and see if he has some available for sale and in the size range you need. I do know he sales Dubia as well which is my ultimate long term recommendation on a roach species to use as a feeder.

http://theroachguy.com Very good guy, active and helpful on the forums as well. He only sales the Dubia roaches, but I have done business with him and know he is a good guy to order from.

http://aaronpauling.com/ This is another person I have heard good things about. I know he sales the lobsters and turkestans both, but the website says he is sold out of Turkestans.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Yea Turks are great, they breed fast! I have a small feeding colony, if your interested in trying them let me know.

Chris

lillybd2008

Original Poster
Chris,
Yes I do want to try some turks, How much do you want for them? for now I don't want to buy a lot just want to make sure she likes them and I can take having a roach in the house:) but I do know she is not a big fan of crickets

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Can I feed Dubias to my little one? She is about 7 inches now.. I have her on mostly crickets, 10-12 phoenix worms daily, and she just started to eat her greens. I can't wait til I can feed her meal worms...
I'd like to try Dubias, they sound healthier and cleaner than crickets, but I'm afraid they will be too big.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
NegativeCreep":5849e said:
Can I feed Dubias to my little one? She is about 7 inches now.. I have her on mostly crickets, 10-12 phoenix worms daily, and she just started to eat her greens. I can't wait til I can feed her meal worms...
I'd like to try Dubias, they sound healthier and cleaner than crickets, but I'm afraid they will be too big.

Once you have a colony established, you will have plenty of baby roaches. A 7 inch beardie could definitely eat the smaller dubia babies. I have discovered that the white (freshly shed) ones are much softer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom