Whats in your beardies salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Lately I only give him collard greens, but I wanted to do a big salad and see how he did w/ it. What do you put in your salad? Or do you just use one kinda greens?

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
I switch off every week, using collards or dandilion greens, then mixed in it I put bok choy, little bit of romaine, carrots, peas, and either strawberries, apples, or blue berries.

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My beardie is a bit older so i'm a lil nervous he might not try other things, but I'm going to offer it.

How old is yours?

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
He's 2 and a half years. For the longest time he would only eat collards, peas, and carrots but then I found that if I squeezed strawberry juice or blueberry juice on the greens then he liked it then would start eating pieces of the fruit. And then I just kept experimenting with different types of greens like mustard, the bok choy and dandilions, and other things and he would eat the ones he liked (and toss the rest all over the place :roll: )

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aww cool. I'm def going to try it.
Last night my baby beardie. (Only 1 year and 5 months) passed away.
Seems my big dragon is sad. He stares at the cage alot. I thought a big salad would make him happy :D

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
They get greens and squash daily. greens vary on what I can get at the store that week. 2 or 3 times a week they get a few veggies and fruit added in. green beans, peas, carrots, corn, berries, peaches, banana or whatever else we have that day.

Home grown- Carrots, Squish(bent), zucchini, Broccoli, collards, mustard
Store bought or farmers market- Blue berries, grapes (grape eating fool), butternut squish, peas,
All these are put in 1 bowl each day. when there in season.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I give Dudley collard greens, mustard greens, and butternut squash every day. When I go to buy his greens, Ill pick out loose pieces of other produce too... The store would just throw them out anyway, so I put it to good use! Hehe :D So Ive been giving him some endives too, and Ill throw in other random fruits and veggies too- Zucchini, red bell peppers, carrots, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cilantro, watermelon, ect. depending on what we have arounf the house.

Dudley doesnt like his greens very much, so Ill have to try the fruit juice idea! He isnt eating any salad though right now, because he got a new food dish and he doesnt like the change LOL

My beardie gets to share my iguana's salad everyday. I change it up everyday for variety. Here's the list of ingredients I have used:

Collard greens
Mustard greens
Dandelion greens
Spring mix baby lettuces
Fresh green beans
Sugar snap peas
Green onions
Cantaloupe
Honeydew
Watermelon
Mango
Raspberries
Strawberries
Grapes
Kiwifruit
Escarole
Okra
Acorn Squash
Yellow Squash
Chayote Squash
Thai Eggplant
Parsnips
Alfalfa pellets
Parsley
Basil
Lemongrass
Red bell pepper

PuffyLuv123

Hatchling Member
Hi! I'm sorry about the loss of your baby! :cry:

My beardie's salad is pretty boring right now. Next time we go to the store i wanna buy some other stuff and mix it up a bit. But anyways, Here's what his salad consists of (for now): Cilantro, beet greens, and acorn squash. Here are the occasionals: Carrots, cantaloupe, lettuce, blueberries, and apple.

Even though Puff just can't seem to get enough carrots or cantaloupe, my mom thinks that they were causing bloating, so now they are on the "occasionals" list.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom