what SHOULD poo smell like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessd123

ok i hear of beardies having parasites and such, and that smelly poo is an indicator.. and my babys poop doesnt smell anything close to roses. lol... more like baby poop honestly... what SHOULD it smell like? just wondering...

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Well, I can't describe it exactly, but I have come to make a rather distinct comparison between my cat's breath and the beardie's poop. :mrgreen: LOL

Beardie poop does have an odor (it IS poop afterall). And, I've found as our beardie is getting older and bigger, the smell is a little more pungent because well, the poops are bigger. I tend to remove the poops quickly after she goes, and once they're gone, the smell is gone also. And in general, they aren't over powering. For instance, I can't usually smell them until I open the screen and reach in to take them out... if they were smelling up the room, I might be a little more concerned.

Hope this helps!

Em

I always wondered this as well. Since this is my first bearded dragon I had no idea. I have birds and theirs don't smell. I also have dogs and I know what that is like lol. But I wasn't sure about dragons so thanks for asking! My beardie's reminds me of cat poop and smells like it too. But I wasn't sure if this was normal since he was diagnosed with pinworms and coccidia as well. I can't smell it outside of his cage either and once I remove it the smell is mostly gone.

Jennifer

Jessd123

Original Poster
well depending on if i am gone for long periods of time sometimes i can smell it around the cage vicinity but i do clean it asap, he is do for a check up i suppose... i dont think he has any parasites or anything but u can never be too sure.. he eats like a monster. just waiting for the weather to get a bit nicer cuz the herp vet is over 2 hours away. but yeah he is growing very rapidly and i also noticed that the smell has gotten worse since he's gotten bigger... but his poops are MUCH bigger now... so im sure thats the reasoning behind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom