what kind of beardie do i have? please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam67

my bearded dragon has all 20 nails clear.. but i want to know the name for the type of colors he has.. any feedback is more than helpful. here is a few pics to help me determine what to call him.
20121120_152917_zps22339f61.jpg
20121120_113351_zpseaedc758.jpg
20121120_152832_zps21e9e021.jpg
20121120_113120_zpsaaa546c2.jpg

cupcake0702

I'm not good at this yet but I think he looks part leucistic.

don't quote me though, the "breeds" colors or what-have-you are mostly beyond me.

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Are his legs in shed? If all his nails are clear he's a hypo, and the coloring reminds me of a citrus because of the lavender-y sidebars he has. I know citrus makes you think yellow, but the hypomelanism can make it more of a yellow-y orange. He also looks very similar to my girl Doodles as a juvie, and everyone guesses that she's a hypo citrus. Also, your boy's head is pretty yellow compared to his body, and mine is the same way :)

bambam67

Original Poster
Thank u very much! Yes hes been shedding for a minute but his legs havent started yet. This was very helpful thank u.

Burra

Hatchling Member
Yep, clear nails mean hypo. And I agree, the coloring and purple bars remind me of a citrus. Actually, he looks like my Socrates, who was sold to me as a "normal" but is growing into a beautiful citrus with gorgeous purple bars! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom