IMG_20240402_182306864.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20240402_182154867.jpg
    IMG_20240402_182154867.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 41

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It appeared a couple of months ago. I checked the past posts and it wasn't there.
Turnip greens, bee pollen- tried to see if it was bee pollen, it isn't. It would have been soft and gone with baths. Gave green powders. I'll call his vet tomorrow.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
His name's Maya. He's gotten a whole lot active so that's a good thing. I'll let you know. I wish not to worry about it because he will pick up on my worry and then he wants come out. He senses my worry. He's finally asleep.
Hopefully, the vet is going to be in tomorrow.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes, best to have the vet check it out. Be sure to update what it is and how things go for your beardie. I forgot your baby's name.
I asked around on the forums on FB. One of the admins says it's a burst cyst.
Does it look like a cyst? I've been looking through each and every photo I took of him in the last year to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. I saw no signs of it. I'm also going to look in his tank tomorrow morning and see if there's anything 'out of the ordinary'.
Last month, he had 100 watt and it got a little too warm- 100-104. I lowered the wattage to a 75 watt. He moves off his basking spot and sits on his saucer chair, absorbing his UVB. He has been sitting on his saucer chair looking out the window and watching the birds.
I have a fake hanging plant in his tank. I can remove this- do you think it also may have poked his beard and caused him to have this?
I have a rock stone step, basking spot he learned how to climb. He also has a couple of stuffed animals, a cushion, and a pillow. He also eats on his own.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look kind of like a cyst or something to that extent.
Let us know what the vet says. Does it seem to be bothering him any?
I don't think any plant would do this though, it could be a scale that retained & became infected
somehow, I am not sure.

Tracie

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Now, I have a question. I took out his favorite bear, and his Squirtle- yes, I have washed them in hot water. Boiling water before. I'm planning on washing them tomorrow in a commercial washer with hot water and a separate dryer- on high heat.
Someone told me to get rid of his cardboard box and paper towel. I only use a paper towel on his cardboard box for grip and traction. Otherwise, I'd use a towel that is washed in hot water too.
The only thing is? The cardboard box is the only real basking spot because it was low for him to reach and he just started to learn how to 'use a resin stair' for climbing up. The stair does have a basking spot, but it's small and he won't use it as a basking spot.
Now I'm trying to figure out whether to go get some bricks, boil them in water, dry them, and put them in his tank. He is just using his front limbs. And standing up too!
Should I wait to make any changes? Or make the changes and stress him out with new changes to his tank while he's undergoing a treatment?
I have digestive conditioner coming in the mail too. I made the purchase two days ago.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
As you mention he is "just using his front limbs" and "just started to learn" how to use stairs: Does your dragon have any other medical conditions that limit his ability to move? i might have missed that.

Regarding cardboard box and paper towel: If you want to keep that, could you switch them out very often? I would, however, use something else more sturdy, and getting this twice if possible so always one can be in the enclosure and the other one gets cleaned. Bricks or stones might work. Replacing the cardboard box by a plastic box (which can be cleaned) and adding e.g. rough shower/bathroom tile for traction might also work, and I think that tiles on a plastic box have better traction than paper towels on a cardboard box which I imagine as kind of slippery (paper towel slipping around on the cardboard).

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
As you mention he is "just using his front limbs" and "just started to learn" how to use stairs: Does your dragon have any other medical conditions that limit his ability to move? i might have missed that.

Regarding cardboard box and paper towel: If you want to keep that, could you switch them out very often? I would, however, use something else more sturdy, and getting this twice if possible so always one can be in the enclosure and the other one gets cleaned. Bricks or stones might work. Replacing the cardboard box by a plastic box (which can be cleaned) and adding e.g. rough shower/bathroom tile for traction might also work, and I think that tiles on a plastic box have better traction than paper towels on a cardboard box which I imagine as kind of slippery (paper towel slipping around on the cardboard).
He had some weakness in his front limbs and couldn't climb up. I have been working to make everything easy to climb and access. He was on modified basking spots with a neck pillow and blankets at one point. Everything was fabric. Then I started to slowly remove the neck pillow, adding some harder stuff to climb on and strengthen his muscles. He also had nail problems too so that helped with his mobility tremendously. I was about to buy some bricks or look into things for him. I think I can buy a resin climbing basking spot for him.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
You're welcome. A year and a half ago, he was off his greens and wouldn't eat anything. I got him in as soon as I could. Vet advised me slurries in the beginning. Then wean him to solids. He started to eat on his own in Mid-February. I had to 'elevate' his greens on a cushion on his basking spot because he needed the extra support for his front legs. (Something to grip.) Now, he eats. Today, I gave him some turnip greens and bok choy. He didn't want it. So tomorrow, when he wakes up from sleep, he'll get some bok choy and turnip greens.

He's doing well. It just took him a time to feel better.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom