Half black bearding?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, 3 times yesterday. And once today my bearded dragon has had a sliver of her beard be dark while the rest of her looked bright. I know the rest of her beard can go dark because I saw it go dark when she puffed up yesterday. And, very slightly dark at some points yesterday as well. Does anyone know why this is?

Attachments

• AE1587F7-BBF1-4250-AE8F-514F450A62D9.jpeg
    AE1587F7-BBF1-4250-AE8F-514F450A62D9.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 81D93439-F995-4992-A3F6-D50980E72FEC.jpeg
    81D93439-F995-4992-A3F6-D50980E72FEC.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 9F5DA4F9-4D57-415D-8927-A749B5A9BE23.jpeg
    9F5DA4F9-4D57-415D-8927-A749B5A9BE23.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 35

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I’m no expert but she might be stressed my beared dragon does that when he stressed sometimes. But I want to add I’m no expert.
Ok, thank you very much!!! I have no idea what might be stressing her out. She has had some weird poops maybe that could be. But, I wouldn’t know. She doesn't do it all the time. Does that mean something isn’t always stressing her out? Or would you think it means something’s been bothering her all the time?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Ok, thank you very much!!! I have no idea what might be stressing her out. She has had some weird poops maybe that could be. But, I wouldn’t know. She doesn't do it all the time. Does that mean something isn’t always stressing her out? Or would you think it means something’s been bothering her all the time?
I know one time she did it after a yawn.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
From what I've heard sometimes they turn dark. Mine turns dark if she wants to be warmer and then turns her colors back after a little bit. But idk. Do you have any other pets that she can maybe see or is it just her?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
From what I've heard sometimes they turn dark. Mine turns dark if she wants to be warmer and then turns her colors back after a little bit. But idk. Do you have any other pets that she can maybe see or is it just her?
Just her. She did it twice today so far. Every time she has done it so far it has lasted 1-5 minutes. Then went back to normal. She tends to do it when she is sitting on the ground in the middle of her tank too. Thank you very much!!!

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Just her. She did it twice today so far. Every time she has done it so far it has lasted 1-5 minutes. Then went back to normal. She tends to do it when she is sitting on the ground in the middle of her tank too. Thank you very much!!!
She did possibly get mad at me yesterday. She stared at me then puffed out a little bit. Other than that both times today when it happened, no one was around when it started.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
They turn their body and beard darker to soak up more sun.

A little bit greyish might also be normal, my boy looks like that most of the time. They shift their colour a lot for various reasons.

It could also be some kind of mating behaviour but idk if females also do turn thwir beards darker

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
They turn their body and beard darker to soak up more sun.

A little bit greyish might also be normal, my boy looks like that most of the time. They shift their colour a lot for various reasons.

It could also be some kind of mating behaviour but idk if females also do turn thwir beards darker
Ok, thank you very much!!! This morning it was a bit dark on the side again. But, it didn’t look black. It just looked the bit grayish. So, I was thinking it might have just been his color this morning!

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom