What is this noise he's making??

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi everyone

A few months ago I posted that Drogon makes weird noises after feeding him his CC for a bit. I finally got it on video. What is going on??

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Vide

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Wow, I have no idea.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long has he been on it and is he active much ? What was the reason that he's on so much of it , looks like quite a bit in the syringe ?

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello! @xp29 @CooperDragon and @AHBD

This has been going on and off for quite a few months. Sometimes it's accompanied by a head shake as if something is bothering him in his mouth. For AHBD, Lol I don't give him that much, only a couple of mLs or however much he wants that day but its never a full syringe :) He's on it because he has Adenovirus and is VERY picky about eating. It's been about 2 months since he wanted any live feeders. And no, unfortunately he's not active much. He's quite wobbly at times and has a head tremor, so the vet suggested palliative care.

Do you guys think this means "I had enough! Stop bothering me now?"

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It could be just that, making a slight huff but it comes out sounding odd like this.

And I had forgotten the story behind Drogon's special care, that he's ADV + and is a special needs boy. You've been taking excellent care of him, he couldn't ask for a more devoted beardie mom.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
@AHBD Oh goodness, you're going to make me cry lol :cry: Thank you so much. I've really been trying to do all I can for him. Idk why he's making these weird noises and those head shakes and sometimes it just freaks me out, especially cuz I'm trying to feed him since he wont do it himself! >_<

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I feel for you. These beautiful creatures didn't ask for the illnesses they get, it seems so unfair. What you do is a labor of love and other people with ADV + dragons can learn from it. He's still handsome and of a good size !

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I feel for you. These beautiful creatures didn't ask for the illnesses they get, it seems so unfair. What you do is a labor of love and other people with ADV + dragons can learn from it. He's still handsome and of a good size !
Thank you so much! It does suck because he used to be an active crazy beardie and just loves to be lazy nowadays and won't eat on his own :/ I'll send it to the vet to see what she thinks. @Drache613 Have you heard this noise before or have any ideas what's going on?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

You are doing phenomenal with him. It is unfortunate when they have health issues regardless of
what you do for them. He is a great looking dragon!
They do tend to make noises at strange times sometimes. It could be that he doesn't want anymore
food or fluids at that particular time. How often does he do that?
Have you been giving him something to help boost his immune system?
Which brand of critical care are you using?

Tracie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello!

You are doing phenomenal with him. It is unfortunate when they have health issues regardless of
what you do for them. He is a great looking dragon!
They do tend to make noises at strange times sometimes. It could be that he doesn't want anymore
food or fluids at that particular time. How often does he do that?
Have you been giving him something to help boost his immune system?
Which brand of critical care are you using?

Tracie
Hi Tracie :) Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Sometimes I'm very hard on myself. I would say at least once with the Critical Care. I dont think he's a huge fan of it anymore but he wont eat by himself and has no interest in bugs. I'm also mixing in Nutribac and it's Oxbow CC :)

Do you have any tips to prevent diarrhea? I know it happens with dragons who have Adeno, but this is the third time in a row he's had a massive accident

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello everyone who has replied to this post! @Drache613 @AHBD @CooperDragon @xp29

Any ideas on how much CC Drogon should be eating? At this point, it's become a guessing game of information. Sometimes he'll have barely a quarter of a teaspoon, sometimes I can get him to eat a little more. He's a pretty stubborn brat, so what is an acceptable amount? I was also told by my vet it's pretty calorie loaded so don't overdo it in case he gains weight ( in fact, he's lost a bit since being on a liquid diet). I try to give him some every other day mixed with Fluker's reptiboost (a few mini spoonfuls are in the plastic jar in the video) along with Calcium w/ D3 + Nutribac

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probably whatever amount you can get him to eat is good since he's losing a little weight. The combination that you're using sounds healthy and balanced as far as this type of diet being what he'll accept now.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree with @AHBD. If you have an old blender, or an old coffee grinder you might could puree some insects to add in also. Something soft like bsfl, hornworms, silkworms, ect.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom