Odd noise

My beardie Kendra started making this noise in the car on our way home from the vets office. Her beard isn’t black and she is eating. She makes the noise when she breaths out only and it’s not a noise made every time she breathes out.

Does anyone have an idea why she is making that noise

Attachments

• IMG_7260.mov
    7.7 MB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie Kendra started making this noise in the car on our way home from the vets office. Her beard isn’t black and she is eating. She makes the noise when she breaths out only and it’s not a noise made every time she breathes out.

Does anyone have an idea why she is making that noise
Not sure please tell me what your using for a uvb and surface basking temps - I am gonna have ahbd take a listen
@AHBD

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
Not sure please tell me what your using for a uvb and surface basking temps - I am gonna have ahbd take a listen
@AHBD
Zoomed ReptiSun T5 HO high output reptile terrarium hood with 24-watt zoomed reptisun 10.0 UVB
Repti Basking Spot light 100w

Also early she was staring at me and made the noise idk what it means though

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Zoomed ReptiSun T5 HO high output reptile terrarium hood with 24-watt zoomed reptisun 10.0 UVB
Repti Basking Spot light 100w

Also early she was staring at me and made the noise idk what it means though
So you have good lighting -- surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and the UVB is a T 5? the UVB should be unobstructed if its on a fine mesh screen - 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece - I see a light shes under and it should not be closer than 6 inches - the UVB should not be over 11 months old -- what are her basking temps- ?

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
So you have good lighting -- surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and the UVB is a T 5? the UVB should be unobstructed if its on a fine mesh screen - 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece - I see a light shes under and it should not be closer than 6 inches - the UVB should not be over 11 months old -- what are her basking temps- ?
I’ll have to check when I get home from work but I don’t know if that’s the problem or not you see after going to the vet, I decided to take her to my work which is at movie theater to Show my manager who I’ve shown many pictures of Kendra to and She wanted to meet my beardie and it wasn’t until I was driving home when she started making a noise in my ear

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some type of problem with her breathing. how often does Kendra do this ? Was she kept warm or cold on the way to the vets office and then to your workplace ? What was the reason for the trip to the vet , what type of exam did the vet do, did you see it ? Did she drink any water before the trip ? This might stop in a few days [ hopefully ]

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
Some type of problem with her breathing. how often does Kendra do this ? Was she kept warm or cold on the way to the vets office and then to your workplace ? What was the reason for the trip to the vet , what type of exam did the vet do, did you see it ? Did she drink any water before the trip ? This might stop in a few days [ hopefully ]
She doesn’t do it all the time. When she does it she’ll be staring right at me almost like she’s trying to get my attention. Sometimes she’ll do it like she’s talking, like she’s trying to make her opinion known it’s really weird
-We went to the vet on the 13th for a check up of her mouth because she had gotten some splinters in her mouth from Rawood that had caused a infection type of mouth rot that I had been treating with animal mouthwash three times a week now they’re saying just use it twice a week.
-On the way to the vet, she was on my chest in a pouch as I drove, on the way to and from the movie theater, she had refused to go back into the pouch and wanted to remain on my chest. I made sure she was in the sun as much as possible.
-at the vets office all they did was open up her mouth to look how it was healing
-A little bit before the trip I had to use the mouthwash on her

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She might have aspirated a little bit of the wash. Give it a while and see if it improves, it probably will go away on it's own. If it doesn't go away in 2 weeks it would probably be best to have her lungs checked, possibly an xray.

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
She might have aspirated a little bit of the wash. Give it a while and see if it improves, it probably will go away on it's own. If it doesn't go away in 2 weeks it would probably be best to have her lungs checked, possibly an xray.
Ok thanks that helps

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom