What about this light??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to get an opinion on this UVB Bulb. I thought I saw some where that people do not like these. it is a ESU Reptile Slimline Reptile Fixture with Desert 7% UVB Lamp.

Thanks

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah - that light is junk unfortunately

it is not strong enough for beardies and will only last about 2-3 months before it stops giving of UVB.

This is a post by Tracy regarding the same light:

Drache613":78ac8 said:
Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately, the ESU flourescent tube bulb does not emit much if any UVB light at all. Here is a chart to show you comparisons of UVB output. First, this chart will show you how low the UVB emissions for the ESU are:

http://www.russiantortoise.org/uvb.htm

This next chart will have the UVB emissions for the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb, which if you live in the US is the best tube bulb you can buy right now.

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/fluorescenttuberesults.htm

You can purchase the Reptisun 10 from http://www.petmountain.com for much cheaper than from the petstore.

Tracie

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
How do you determine whether you need a Reptisun 5 or 10? Is it how much distance you have between the dragon's basking site and the bulb?

Fogles

Juvie Member
koiboydavid":b5f07 said:
How do you determine whether you need a Reptisun 5 or 10? Is it how much distance you have between the dragon's basking site and the bulb?

How big is your enclosure?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well there really isnt anything to determone both lights are good and both require a minimum 6-8 inch distance.You want to go with the reptiSUN 10.0 if you have a choice but if all you could find is a 5.0 then that would be ok as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom