Watering Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac1

Juvie Member
yeah if you can get a humidity gage that will help i keep mine at 40-45 percent humidity, having humidity helps your dubias molt their skin off easily.

bigmac1

Juvie Member
im not really sure but it takes a process as they molt that means they are getting bigger, and the more and more they molt soon enough they will be adults but it takes a couple of months before they are adults.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
adtoes":d9419 said:
should i get a humidty gauge?? if so what should it read?

Dubia aren't as sensitive as other animals when it comes to humidity, although it definatly helps their molts. If you have a pile of crystals in there and have them heated t0 80-85 degrees you'll be pumping the right amount of humidity. Anywhere between 40-50 %.

-Ian

patrickb

Juvie Member
Ihaggerty1313":194a1 said:
Dubia aren't as sensitive as other animals when it comes to humidity, although it definatly helps their molts. If you have a pile of crystals in there and have them heated t0 80-85 degrees you'll be pumping the right amount of humidity. Anywhere between 40-50 %.
I agree with this. A humidity gauge is not necessary and you will be stressing too much with trying to keep a certain target humidity level. If the roaches are molting and growing, then you have plenty of humidity and in most cases the crystals in the container will be more than sufficient.

If you start seeing a lot of younger dead roaches, or ones that are deformed from the molting process, then it means the humidity is not high enough and you should increase the surface area of the dish containing the water crystals (and/or add more water crystals).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom