Water or No Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I heard that if I have a water bowl in the tank, it will increase the humididty, which is a bad thing. But, I've read on websites that they need a bit of shallow water... Or is spraying him (which I do) enough?

Thanks,

~ James

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi James!
Putting water in the viv can raise the humidity. Beardies do need a certain amount of humidity, around 30%-40% is good, but not alot. Excessive humidity can lead to respiratory problems. It is generally not necessary to mist them, due to beardies absorbing water through their vent, not their skin.
It is suggested to bathe them on a weekly basis for hydration. Generally 2-3 x a week is fine. Beardies do get moisture from their greens/veggies as well. Adding a little water to their veggies will also aid in extra hydration.
Hope this helps! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom