Question about brumation and offering food/water

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys been a bit I had a question I sorta let my beardies hunker down and my Chubbs hasn't been active for about 3 1/2 weeks till today. Right before lights out (7pm for fall and winter schedule) she popped her head out of her hide and was groggy/sleepy. I was thinking if I should offer food and water or just sort of let thing.

I would normally wake both girls up and offer food and water every 2 weeks but I figured I could try something more natural for them in the wild

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I think my Ruby is down now, I will be leaving fresh salad everyday, but I won't be leaving bugs till I know she is coming out if it. I'll offer water every 8 to 10 days or if I see she is awake in between. I wouldn't recommend insects if they are still going back to sleep, you don't want them setting undigested in their stomach. If they are moving into their basking on their own, bugs should be ok.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I think my Ruby is down now, I will be leaving fresh salad everyday, but I won't be leaving bugs till I know she is coming out if it. I'll offer water every 8 to 10 days or if I see she is awake in between. I wouldn't recommend insects if they are still going back to sleep, you don't want them setting undigested in their stomach. If they are moving into their basking on their own, bugs should be ok.
Ya she just turned around in her hide so the light won't shine on her she seems to be moving/scratching in her hide think tomorrow morning I'll offer water and put her under her light

I know she is most definitely hunger but as you said if she isn't active and/or basking then her food could go undigested. Would ANY bugs be bad for her? Or can I give her a small quantity of bugs i.e mealworms butter crickets super worms or small mealworms?

Note: as I just posted this reply she is DEEP into her hide and covered the entrance with her soft blankie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If she is still sleeping, I probably wouldn't offer insects.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If she is still sleeping, I probably wouldn't offer insects.
She has shown some life she poked her head out again and looked like she wanted her greens but is being stubborn (she wants bugs and only bugs).

This time she is alert and her eyes are wide open unlike last time I posted I'll take her out for a long hot bath and put her under her light tomorrow morning before I leave

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom