Viv pics only thread

jaidonx13":3vub0jm2 said:
Awesome setup! Are you going to paint the stand?
The plan is to cover it in plywood then laminate flooring instead of painting or staining the stand. The bottom will also have cabinet doors so we have some storage.

Jess4921":3vub0jm2 said:
Looks nice!
How is the carpeting working for you?
So far so good! It's been the best solution for his substrate we've found. We got a 4'x12' roll at Menard's for around $20.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
I feel really bad posting a question like this here considering I have a thread near the top of the enclosure page 1, but im trying to finish my crossfire and I just am not finding the answers im looking for. I built the tank from Melamine as directed. Ive been through all 105 pages of this thread.. There are many upon many of pictures of people who have built using Melamine. Some have painted the insides, some have done the outsides; However NO ONE has mentioned what they have used.

Ive searched google over and over and over again.. People mention they have used paint on their boards, and others mention it just peels right off. I want to hear answers from people here who have done it.

Can I paint my Melamine and if so will any paint work or no?

Ibdmc6

Screamin99,
To paint the melamine i sanded it lightly, applied 2 coats of a primer (did it first without primer and paint wouldn't hold to melamine), did 3 coats of water-based low VOC paint, then about 3 layers of gorilla wood glue (same non-toxic stuff I used as a sealant for my beardies furniture) mixed with water to seal the paint. That's the process I took but I don't know about the others on here.

Israel

Updated photo of Israel's enclosure. 40 gallon breeder, ceramic slate tile flooring, 150watt basking bulb, 24inch Reptisun 10.0UVB inside the tank, and a regular 24in. flourescent tube on the lid in the back for added lighting. I use a digital thermometer at the bottom on his basking area (can't see it in the photo's), that gives me a digital readout of his basking temp and humidity level.

Israel by Dog Gone Awesome, on Flickr

Israel by Dog Gone Awesome, on Flickr

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom