vitamins??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
i have some calcium powder that i toss in with the salad and live food, but other than that what am i supposed to give them? I used to feed them the small pink squares, does that have vitamin in it?

I'm lost as far as vitamins.
Thanks!

KRayne

Hatchling Member
You should have a vitamin supplement for your beardie. The best ones are the ones that don't contain vitamin A, rather a substitute for it that the beardies can actually process. Depending on the age of your beardie you will want to dust with vitamins and calcium different numbers of days a week.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

As far as vitamins, if your dragon is 1 year or under you can give vitamins 1-2 times per week & for an adult 1 time a week is sufficient.
As suggested, vitamins with beta carotene are better as the synthetic counterparts can cause toxicity.

Tracie

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So like a multi vitamin without vitamin a. Can I get it at Petco? Are those pink squares good for them ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you talking about beardie bites or the soft chews or pellets?
I would read the label, but they should be ok a few times per week. The Herptivite vitamins are good as they have beta carotene instead of synthetic Vitamin A.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom