Vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Charlie is about to brumate, and I just thought of something! Are they supposed to get their vits and calcium somehow still? Since they won't be eating how do they get them?

most will usaually wake up every once in while to eat, so then would be a good time, just leave some in his food and when he gets up to eat, he will get his vitamins

jjh1

Juvie Member
beardieluv":36sfmw9g said:
Charlie is about to brumate, and I just thought of something! Are they supposed to get their vits and calcium somehow still? Since they won't be eating how do they get them?

My adults are brumating now Male has been for 9 weeks and female 6 weeks, they will get up to stretch and look around but they probably will not eat. You will know when they come out of brumation they will be extremely hungry and ready to eat.

If they do get up even for the day you can give them a bath (soak) and then give some sqaush baby food and mix some vit and calcium in there and give like that, they make take a few licks of the syringe.

Let them bask and then they will look for their hid again to go back to sleep.Dont wake them up let them get up though I peek in on mine everyday to see how they are doing.

I made a hid out of a box cut a hole put something soft in there then when beardie goes in take a cloth and cover opening they need the darkness to sleep, beardie might loose a few grams but thats okay.

Hope that helps alittle bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom