UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

npedersen

Hatchling Member
Not enough UVB. Spend the money and get the 10.0 or just go with the MVB (Mercury Vapor Bulb) that are available. Not to sound rude (I really am not) but if you are asking this question, you need to read more about the care of the species. There is ALOT of info here and always ALOT more to learn.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
From what I've read, the Reptisun 10 is best, we are talking about the long tubes, not the coil/compact (never use the compact/coils) then the Reptisun 5, then the reptiglo 8. What is best is the mercury Vapor bulbs, the Mega Ray, the T-Rex. There are one or two other MVB's but these two are the best. I use the reptisun 10 until I can get the Mega Ray. About the Fluorescent tubes, the Reptisun 10 is the best. Be aware: I found one labeled the Rept A sun, I have no idea what that is or whether it's even any good. I just saw it at a pet store a couple of weeks ago. Anyway the reptisun 5 is good but, as I said the reptisun 10 is better.

You can only use the mega ray if your tank is at least a 40 breeder or larger.

shanation

i could be wrong but i think the only difference between the 10 and the 5 is how far the uvb rays actually come off the bulb. and the 10 most likely gives off more uvb rays but if you have the reptisun 5 try to set it up so that your beardie can get atleast 8 inchs away from it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Here is a chart to show you the difference between the two lights.

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/fluorescenttuberesults.htm

The Reptisun 5 tube is much better than most of them, & would be acceptable. You would need to change it after 4-5 months. However, the Reptisun 10 is superior to the 5, of course, being the upgrade. You can change that one out every 6 months or so.
A good site to purchase it for much cheaper than at the petstore is: http://www.petmountain.com You can get it for around $20.00 or so.

Good luck.

Tracie

I just bought two reptisun 10.0s and am very impressed. If I am not mistaken, the reptisun 10.0 rays reach a bit farther than the 5.0s. I found the tubes to be a few bucks more than the 5.0 so its worth it. If youre going to buy a good one, go with the 10.0 or mega-ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom