UVB fell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Hatchling Member
ok my UVB fixture fell luckly noting broke and shes ok, WHAT CAN I USE THAT WILL MAKE IT STAY HANGING IN THE TANK????

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
Hi Dante,
That is a scary think to have happen :(
I use the 3M Command Hooks (the ones with the metal hooks). Make sure it is rated to hold more that 1 lb., the ones I use hold 3-5 lbs. Just follow the instructions on the package and you should be good. I've got 2 vivs set up with them and have only had a problem one time (cause I didn't follow the directions :oops:).

Glad your baby is ok :)

Sabrina

john6six

This is a scary situation. I lost my first beardie this way. Woke up, the light was out. I could have went to work and fixed it when I came home. I would have had someone around that I am sure would have held him while I did it. But that's not me. He was only a couple months old and he was sitting on probably the only spot that the light could have landed on him. But it was up high and I could see him, so I didn't have to worry so much working in the enclosure. It is a front opening and I was leaning in and could have crushed him with my hand. I was trying to set it back in after ultimately replacing the ballast. It landed flush on top of him. Very sad, the kids were devastated.

Happy to report, that the breeder sold me another at a really good price and I make sure he is out of the tank if I am touching anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom