URI in baby beardie?

babybeardie79

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drax
Hello! Yesterday I got a beardie that I've estimated to be around 5 months old. Every once in awhile, she'll make these clicking noises, which I know are usually possible signs of an URI, though she's not showing any other symptoms and seems to be doing perfectly fine otherwise. No saliva, no drainage, she's still VERY active and eats a ton. She doesn't really breathe through her mouth a lot, though I do notice her opening her mouth for a split second at times, possibly to breathe but at first I believed it to be stress and not wanting me to handle her? There are currently not any reptile vets near me that could get her in until later this week, if even. Her usb is a tube reptisun 10.0 t5 HO and I've made sure her temps are all spot on. She's not my first beardie, but I did think this was odd and wanted more opinions. Thank you!

edit* I did think I should mention, her humidity is always around 40%

Last edited:

babybeardie79

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drax
Her symptoms never completely went away, but improved significantly until recently. She's struggling again. I've kept her humidity at 20% lately and her husbandry has hardly changed. Getting a larger tank and feeding is different, though everything else that i've mentioned previously in this thread has not changed. She's still eating a really good amount, appetite hasn't changed and her energy is still normal, doesn't appear to be stressed either. Her only symptoms continue to be the thick saliva, popping noise, bubbles blown. Her breathing doesn't appear to be very deep or exaggerated, she seems to breath otherwise normally? Any suggestions? My vet continues to push for the ADV test and that's all they currently want to do, and I remember you guys questioning if it was necessary. Any thoughts?

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom