Turn ALL heat off at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Hi, I was told to shot everything off completely at night ( both lights ) and don't use a night light? This good?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
as long as the temperature stays above 65F he sould be ok. turn off all lights and heat sources. usual photoperiod is 12hours.

kirby

Extreme Poster
Jscott is right, although i usually keep the lights on 14, off 10.

they can see red lights, so dont bother with them. if it gets cooler then 60F use a ceramic heat emiter of low wattage at night.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay thanks :D You guys rock, seriously. A person would learn way more in this forum than in a book, thats for sure.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
this site sure is great :) . i sometimes scroll though old threads looking for related questions and see how they solved the problem. for instance; my LG(little guy) was constipated a few days ago. i became worried after he couldnt poop twice in a row. i was going to ask someone but i had to leave for work. i wanted to do something for him so i decided to use the google search feature on this site. if you scroll up, its found at the very top right of every page when your on this site. sure enough, i found many threads about this particular problem. i gave him alittle applesauce with a drop of extra virgin olive oil, made him right as rain :wink: .

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha, man thats awesome. Not only does that mean this site ROCKS, but now i know what to do if Primo the Dragon gets constipated.

BrownEyes87

Hatchling Member
i was just going to ask the same thing, i wasnt sure what to do in case i was wrong, so i was only shutting everything off at 2am just in case to not leave him cold for that many hours.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
BrownEyes87":42680 said:
i was just going to ask the same thing, i wasnt sure what to do in case i was wrong, so i was only shutting everything off at 2am just in case to not leave him cold for that many hours.

how cold is it getting at night? what are you using to measure the temps, a stick on thermometer or a digital one?

BennBeardy

i have a red night light and he sleeps fine through it because it can get
cold in my room but not to cold i dont want him to freeze :(

BennBeardy

but come to think about it he does wake up time to time.
i think ill try it with the light off but i got no extra heat for him :(

kirby

Extreme Poster
if it drops below 60F, go out and buy a 40-60 watt (or even a 100 if you need it) ceramic heat emitter. something that keeps it arouns 70 or so is ideal.

when it comes to red globes, they are able to see that part of the light spectrum, its only snakes who cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom