Trying to ignore me, i think

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
He's mad cuz I wouldn't take him out. I had just cleaned Puff Hammy's (my hamster) house, and there was bedding all over the place. He tries to eat everything.
1000000777.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He definitely looks very aloof lol.
I see your uvb is mounted on the side. Honestly it should be overhead. It could potentially cause eye damage mounted like that.

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He definitely looks very aloof lol.
I see your uvb is mounted on the side. Honestly it should be overhead. It could potentially cause eye damage mounted like that.
I don't have a way of mounting it to the top. I do have it angled, and he rarely sits there.

I have been trying to figure out a way to change the mounting location, but I only have the two little clip/bracket pieces, and no idea how to put it on the ceiling

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
You can get picture hanging wire. Its thin enough to go through the holes in the screen. You need a pair if side cutters to trim it to length also.

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You can get picture hanging wire. Its thin enough to go through the holes in the screen. You need a pair if side cutters to trim it to length also.
I'll head to home depot tonight after work. I tried zip ties, it didn't work. I hang pictures with command strip velcro, so this never occurred to me.

I don't have to go through the screen, I have crossbars in there, just couldn't find a way to attach the clips.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I'll head to home depot tonight after work. I tried zip ties, it didn't work. I hang pictures with command strip velcro, so this never occurred to me.

I don't have to go through the screen, I have crossbars in there, just couldn't find a way to attach the clips.
That looks like a Zen habitat, but I didn't see the cross bars in the pic. I ran the wire through the clips that came with my Arcadia and snapped them onto the light, from there I just wrapped it around the cross bars. If you can find some thin solid wire it will work better than the braided wire 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks pretty regal there on his log. 💞
I agree, if possible try to mount the UVB light directly overhead for better exposure. It is a bit too
close to his eyes. Which brand is it?

Tracie

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That looks like a Zen habitat, but I didn't see the cross bars in the pic. I ran the wire through the clips that came with my Arcadia and snapped them onto the light, from there I just wrapped it around the cross bars. If you can find some thin solid wire it will work better than the braided wire 🙂
Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I couldn't get to home depot before it closed, I'm gonna try to get there saturday

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

He looks pretty regal there on his log. 💞
I agree, if possible try to mount the UVB light directly overhead for better exposure. It is a bit too
close to his eyes. Which brand is it?

Tracie
It's the Arcadia one from PetSmart.

I saw that you recently recommended not using the Arcadia bulb. Is there a reason why, or was it specific to that particular setup?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It's the Arcadia one from PetSmart.

I saw that you recently recommended not using the Arcadia bulb. Is there a reason why, or was it specific to that particular setup?
Hrmm I'm not sure who said not to use them, they are great.

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hrmm I'm not sure who said not to use them, they are great.
Wish I could remember which thread it was on. They recommended the Arcadia bulb housing, but then said to replace the bulb with I think a reptisun. But I like the Arcadia and want all his lights to be Arcadia. I just can't find them easily, and with how fast they burn out, I want something I can get within 25 hours.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom