Eye swelling

rubymiss

My 4 yo Chiao woke up this morning got left eye swollen.it look like her swelling eye lid push eyeball in. She act pretty normal eating basking pooping good today. I attached photos below(pic 1 is normal eye, pic with mark 2 is the swelling eye). It look little bit scary for me. Cuz she never has this problem before, and it happens overnight . She had surgery 4 weeks ago being spay and cleaned up the ruptured eggs inside her belly, and just now finish her antibiotic treatment (baytril) for bacteremia. I tried to gain her weight back so in the past month she ate roaches almost everyday(10 medium), and those roaches got fed carrots. Is it possible vitamin A overdose? Her tank bedding is clean towel due to her surgery. Or it might relate to surgery? (She has been acting normal in the past 4 weeks of recovery). really cant think about what caused swelling eye. Should I rinse it with saline or what should I do? Thanks a lot....Ruby

Attachments

• 20231018_001558.jpg
    20231018_001558.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20231018_001534.jpg
    20231018_001534.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231018_001507.jpg
    20231018_001507.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20231018_001426.jpg
    20231018_001426.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 38

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My 4 yo Chiao woke up this morning got left eye swollen.it look like her swelling eye lid push eyeball in. She act pretty normal eating basking pooping good today. I attached photos below(pic 1 is normal eye, pic with mark 2 is the swelling eye). It look little bit scary for me. Cuz she never has this problem before, and it happens overnight . She had surgery 4 weeks ago being spay and cleaned up the ruptured eggs inside her belly, and just now finish her antibiotic treatment (baytril) for bacteremia. I tried to gain her weight back so in the past month she ate roaches almost everyday(10 medium), and those roaches got fed carrots. Is it possible vitamin A overdose? Her tank bedding is clean towel due to her surgery. Or it might relate to surgery? (She has been acting normal in the past 4 weeks of recovery). really cant think about what caused swelling eye. Should I rinse it with saline or what should I do? Thanks a lot....Ruby
Start feeding the roaches squash shredded sweet potato oranges strawberries etc - I am posting a website for nutrition for the dragon so you can also feed the roaches this as well - maybe add in some roach chow from who ever your getting your roaches from - but I would lay off the carrots for awhile - the eye looks like its from shedding or shed coming on - what are you using for your UVB coil or a long tube fixture and what kind of basking light? Is it a solid clear bright white bulb? This is to rule out a lighting issue w/ the eye - they can cause eye problems-- Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder
also what kind of substrate do you usually use -- you can get some saline solution no contact lens stuff rinse the eye and see if that helps

Last edited:

rubymiss

Original Poster
Start feeding the roaches squash shredded sweet potato oranges strawberries etc - I am posting a website for nutrition for the dragon so you can also feed the roaches this as well - maybe add in some roach chow from who ever your getting your roaches from - but I would lay off the carrots for awhile - the eye looks like its from shedding or shed coming on - what are you using for your UVB coil or a long tube fixture and what kind of basking light? Is it a solid clear bright white bulb? This is to rule out a lighting issue w/ the eye - they can cause eye problems-- Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder
also what kind of substrate do you usually use -- you can get some saline solution no contact lens stuff rinse the eye and see if that helps
Hi
I use t5 tube uvb, with reflector fixure. Around 10 to 12 inch to her head. Heating bulb as pic attached, it looked a little bit yellowish white.her hot side is around 95F.I'll right away switch roach food to the one in the list! Her substrate is clean towel. I change it once a week or once she poop on it. Her eye is a little bit better today. I can tell the top lid still a little swell and push eyeball in.I do rinse it with eye wash today. I'll keep close look on her.thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231018-164504_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231018-164504_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 34

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi
I use t5 tube uvb, with reflector fixure. Around 10 to 12 inch to her head. Heating bulb as pic attached, it looked a little bit yellowish white.her hot side is around 95F.I'll right away switch roach food to the one in the list! Her substrate is clean towel. I change it once a week or once she poop on it. Her eye is a little bit better today. I can tell the top lid still a little swell and push eyeball in.I do rinse it with eye wash today. I'll keep close look on her.thanks
Ok good bulb - could be shed they do swell or can before shedding - keep an eye in it- it's not your lighting that's all good

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom