Is his mouth ok? And how to clean face

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Is his mouth ok? He had some purée on it. Also, he’s shedding there. I just notice some black around it, but I think it has always been there. Also, how can I clean his face. I got most of the food off. But, I’m struggling to get it off closer to his eyes. I was using a q-tip, but he tries to eat it. He tries to eat a toothbrush as well. He gets really mad about paper towels and baths as well. I think he’s been getting stressed, so i wanted to do it in the least stressful way possible. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Attachments

• 69D9A9A8-B9C6-4C09-ADE7-97B0383BD182.jpeg
    69D9A9A8-B9C6-4C09-ADE7-97B0383BD182.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 43
  • 040B977A-E631-4D95-BCB1-AD24AA3196B2.jpeg
    040B977A-E631-4D95-BCB1-AD24AA3196B2.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 44

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Maybe try some solid foods like collard, turnip or mustard greens as they are less messy. Feeding him puree will always be messy and cleaning around the eyes is very difficult. Why do you feed her puree?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Maybe try some solid foods like collard, turnip or mustard greens as they are less messy. Feeding him puree will always be messy and cleaning around the eyes is very difficult. Why do you feed her puree?
I feed purée on the mustard greens. Because she gets picky with the greens without a little bit on them.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
You can try to get him used to eating it without the puree. He might no from the start but remember they can go a long time without food and he will it if he's really hungry.

Other than that....Q-tip and just be carefull and distract him with something.
Luis likes belly rubs. He'll stop moving around and I can scrub him of without any complains. But he likes being dried off with a towel also, maybe that's worth a try...

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
You can try to get him used to eating it without the puree. He might no from the start but remember they can go a long time without food and he will it if he's really hungry.

Other than that....Q-tip and just be carefull and distract him with something.
Luis likes belly rubs. He'll stop moving around and I can scrub him of without any complains. But he likes being dried off with a towel also, maybe that's worth a try...
Ok, thank you! I’m going to definitely try less purees because his appetite has been good. She is just still on and off with the greens when they are plain. She gets mad whenever she sees a towel. But, I think I can try distracting her somehow. That’s kinda how I got most of it off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom