Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Drache613":93c44 said:
Hello Vicky,

Thanks for posting all of that!
I hope that they will get busy & fix this problem quickly.
I wanted to add that I have a friend in Canada that was using the T-rex 160watt, the E1 model & began having problems with it. So I just wanted to include that model number also.

Keep us posted!

Tracie
Tracie, your friend had problem with the E1 batch but hers is a 160 watt? Isn't that something, our 100 watt E1 seems fine and Michele has the same thing as I do and has had no problems either. Guess we will have to consider that any of the batches could be bad.

Christine, I was surprised that Petmountain wouldn't do anything for you either because mine were over 30 days old too. Did you mention that you thought your bulb was defective? I think it would be a good idea to call them back and hopefully get someone else to speak to.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Screamin99":7a4cc said:
I tried calling that number and go no response.. My Solar Glo came in the mail today however, I dont want a replacment.. I just want some money back I have my box packaged up and ready to send back to pet mountain. I wonder if they are aware of the problems.
Did you mean that your new T-Rex arrived today or did you change to Solar Glo? If you meant that you want a refund for the previous T-Rex, Petmountain should be able to give you a refund. But, would also be a good idea to call T-Rex to explain to them all the issues your beardie had with the T-Rex bulb.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Yeah I noticed with PetMountan it really depends on your customer service rep.Technically they dont do returns after 30 days but if the bulb is defective and you get a good rep they will process it for you.
I was suprised as wrll to here abotu 160 E1 as the 100 watt versions of the E1 seemed to be ok.I think at this point if your beardie is experiencing PKC issues then it's best to not assume that just because it isn't J,K,L that it is safe.I do want remind folks though to be sure before you assume the bulb is faulty that you make sure your bulbs are placed at the required distance in an appropriate sized tank.If your not sure please ask :D

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
hey guys quick update:
I just got a call from a very nice guy named Allen, he is going to speak with his manufacterer tomorrow, told me that he had recieved many calls about the mvb bulbs and he is working to correct the problem. I'm supposed to call him back at the 1-800 number tomorrow and see what the next step is, he did tell me that he will be sending me a replacement bulb and to let eveyrone know that if there are problems to call that first number dianne put up and make hte issue known and it will go forward from there.

jordan and Phoenix

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Christine,I sent you a PM with the name of the person I spoke to at Petmountain. I don't think I should post his name here. Yes I posted Racheal's name at T-Rex but that's because it seems she is the one and only person in charge(at T-Rex) of handling these issues. :D

my3sons

I can tell you that the president of T Rex will not return calls or e-mails back.I recently had a problem with a 100 watt T-Rex and it took 1 month for a new one to be sent out.I was given a 160 watt because they had no 100 watt(which i thought was weird) I am not sure of the batch number but will look later...also rachael is very nice and very busy-she seems to be the only one there who has a clue.I was disappointed because it cost me 12 to ship the bulb back that was only 3 weeks old and i asked to be refunded for shipping as i payed for it when i bought the bulb-well never happened-i was given 6 bottle of dragon calcium plus dust...which my dragons wont touch.

my3sons

I can tell you that the president of T Rex will not return calls or e-mails back.I recently had a problem with a 100 watt T-Rex and it took 1 month for a new one to be sent out.I was given a 160 watt because they had no 100 watt(which i thought was weird) I am not sure of the batch number but will look later...also rachael is very nice and very busy-she seems to be the only one there who has a clue.I was disappointed because it cost me 12 to ship the bulb back that was only 3 weeks old and i asked to be refunded for shipping as i payed for it when i bought the bulb-well never happened-i was given 6 bottle of dragon calcium plus dust...which my dragons wont touch.

nemmy

Hello, I have 4 dragons ranging from ages 1 to 2 years old. In Jan. I built 2 crossfires stacked and bought 3 100w Trex Active Heat flood bulbs. I have the TRex bulbs in the 2 crossfires and I bulb in a 40 gal retile tank that my 2 year old is in. My question is how do I tell if the bulbs are effecting there eyes because my female that is in the crossfire i thought was brumating because she is sleeping alot and not eating but isn't losing weight. She does sleep under the light and sometimes sleep away from it. In the other crossfire is my 1 1/2 male and he woke up from brumation the end of January and he is running around, glass dancing and eating. In the 40 gal tank I have my 2year old that I got off here for free in Feb. She was underweight when I got her but she has put on weight, she is eating good but what I notice with her that she lays on the basking spot and she sleeps, or at least she keeps her eyes closed most of the time, also when you take her out to hold her she opens her eyes , then she will sometimes close them, or she will open one eye with the other eye closed. I checked all the bulbs last night and they are L1. Sunset, the female in the 40 gal tank, I have taken out the bulb and put a regular house bulb in for the heat, to see if her eyes do the same thing. My question, how do you know if it is them going into brumation or the bulbs. Like I said my male is fine. All bulbs were bought from Petmountain online at the same time. The female, Blaze, that is in the crossfire, I am pretty sure it is brumation since I raised her from a baby, however with Sunset, I haven't had here that long. All the bulbs are 13 inches away from there basking spots and I did burn in the bulbs for 3 days before using them. Thanks

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hello
It is a bit perplexing indeed during this time when many beardies are in or just coming out of brumation.One thing about your post that does concern me is that they are actually basking with eyes closed,correct?Generally speaking when an animal is brumating they dont sleep where they bask.It is a cool down period so generally you find them curled up on the cool side or in a hide.Are they moving around much right now?How do they seem when they are outside the tanks?How close do you have these bulbs to the beardies?What temps are you getting?(just trying to narrow things down)
I am concerned because they are L1's so here is what I suggest.I recommend you remove all the TRex bulbs for 4-5 days or so and replace with non-UVB heat bubls.If it is the bulbs affecting them then you will see improvement during that time.They should open their eyes within 2 days(sometimes sooner) and hopefully the appetite will pick up as well although sometimes that does take longer.Good Luck and Please keep us posted on their progress.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Everyone
I did speak with Rachel tonight.She did not have any updates for me but did advise me that the president of TRex is scheduled to call me on Monday so hopefully I will have further details at that point.
I do want to mention one thing that we did discuss this evening.TRex does make another MVB bulb called the TRex UV heat in 100 watt.This bulbs is manufactured in China not through Westron and they are not part of the problem that is going on so if any of you guys are using this bulb you shouldn't need to worry.
For anyone who might want to consider this bulb as an option for the time being to the Active UV Heat I want to mention a few facts so you can make a better infromed decision as to whether or not to try it out.This bulb does not have as strong a UVB output as the Active Heat.They description used by TRex is as follows: "more akin to what may be available to a reptile in shade on a sunny day" .Now Rachel has advised me that they did test these bulbs over bearded dragons for approximately one year and they did very well.She said they do not fluctuate with temps,they hold their heat very well and that the UVB output is about the same as that of a powersun or solar glo.It is definately not equivalent to the UVB output of the Active UV or the Megaray but it is greater then any fluorescent and equivalent to most MVB bulbs on the market with the exception of those two(per Rachel's data). In theory these bulbs should be more then adequate for use with beardies. I am saying in theory because there has not been any outside testing to confirm this info as of now and the bulbs only hit the market recently so if you do decide to use them please be aware and prepared to wacth to ensure you are getting good results from your animals.Personally I may invest in one or two along with a UV meter to test them for myself but I have not decided yet. I just wanted to put the option out there in case any of you were interested.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Vicky,

That is great information!
I am surprised that the low UV heat T-rex that is made in China is decent. Most of the UVB lights that are made in China are not very good & we have problems with low wavelength on them. They must be new bulbs, or fairly recent anyway.
I hope that they will get these bulbs fixed soon.

Diane, I thought it was strange that my friend has had trouble with the 160 watt also. She did get all of that straightened out finally. She has had a lot of trouble. Last year, she went through a bout with the Reptiglo 10 as well, now, this. :(

Tracie

my3sons

I checked my 160 and it is a a1....no problems so far....also Tracie the little girl will barley eat but we are trying....

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, I hope you don't have any problems with that particular model. Definitely keep us posted here on this thread.
His appetite is not much better at all? Have you tried bee pollen as an appetite stimulant, or brewer's yeast?

Tracie

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Vicky,I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being our "spokesperson" with T-Rex and conveying all the info to us :D

Btw,my T-Rex is currently on it's way back to Petmountain. UPS showed up a day early and of course I didn't have the box outside,but they left a shipping sticker for me. I will let you guys know as soon as I hear anything or get my refund.
For now I'm using Jojo's 8 month old T-Rex bulb which she has been doing well with :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom