TRex Active Heat Issues and some answers UPDATE 5/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello Folks,
I just wanted to pop on here and post some information I recieved today from TRex in regards to the ActiveHeat MVB bulbs.As many know there have been a number of us having issues with these bulbs. I spoke with Rachel at TRex today and she did indeed verify that they also seem to have had the same issue with their bulbs as Megaray has had with theirs.Apparently sheets of ultra clear glass were also used to manufacture these bulbs as well causing PKC in many of our animals. She has told me it appears that these bulbs were manufactured in November so prior to that there shouldnt be an issue.She has also asked that anyone experiencing issues with these bulbs contact TRex immediatley.I recommend calling and not emailing however because apparantly there is an issue going on with their website at the moment and emails are not getting through to them. I also want to put it out there that currently they are NOT recalling the bulbs so it is going to be upon the the consumer to determine if they do or do not have a faulty bulb.She did state that the bulbs in question were primarily shipped to online stores so if you purchased your bulbs in a local store you should be ok.I can from personal experience tell you that if your bulb is a J1,K1 or L1 batch then it is going to most likely be a problem.I have been told by Rachel that they are in the process of correcting the bulbs and are very behind in shipping so there will be a delay in replacement bulbs.I have asked her for a detailed explanation as to how they intend to fix the bulbs which she personally didn't have the answer to so she requested that I give her some time to get in touch with the right people to get me those answers. I willl continue to update with any and all onformation that is forwarded to me.
I am going to state one more time there is no recall in place at this time so be sure to check the batch number on any Active Heat bulbs you purchase and if there is an issue please do not hesitate to discontinue use of the bulb and contact TRex.

-Vicky

EDIT: I forgot to say a big thank you to Christine for PM'ing me with all the contact info and getting the ball rolling with TRex.Christine if you have anything to add please do so!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for posting that Vicky. I'm also glad that Christine shared her info with us. Unfortunately, there are quite a few members here that have had issues with those particular batch #'s. I wanted to add that the batch # is printed on the left hand side, right near where it says Active UV. I have (had) 3 bulbs, one E1, one K1 and one L1. I also know that another member from this forum is using an E1 and those are fine, no issues at all with that batch. But there may also be some issues with any bulbs manufactured after the L1's so please be aware of that and check to see which one you have and do not continue to use them if you notice any changes in your beardie at all especially eye symptoms.

Thought I would post the phone # for T-Rex so you can contact them directly and please let them know if any problems or concerns arrive. 619-482-4424.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks for posting the number Diane. Did you contact them as well?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No, unfortunately I didn't yet, but I certainly plan to. Had only sent emails that evidently they didn't get. Hopefully when I do contact them, they will have more answers about how this problem will be solved with the bulbs. Do you happen to know where they're located so that we know the time difference involved? It's a shame that they aren't doing a recall or at least putting a "hold" on the problem batches.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I believe they are in California so it would be Pacific time.The manufacturer Westron is based out of Canada.

It is a shame they didnt recall I totally agree but from what I gather they did halt manufacturing to remedy the problem so hopefully this will be fairly short lived issue. I will hopefully have better answers to that on Thursday.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Thanks Vicky and Diane, you said it all, and we'll all be anxious to hear they are going to rectify the problem.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Vicky,

Thanks for posting all of that!
I hope that they will get busy & fix this problem quickly.
I wanted to add that I have a friend in Canada that was using the T-rex 160watt, the E1 model & began having problems with it. So I just wanted to include that model number also.

Keep us posted!

Tracie

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I hope so to Tracie.
So your friend had issues with the E1? Same issues as the ones we are currently ecperiencing? Do you know if they contacted TRex?

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
cant thank you enough for that number!! I'm going to call them later on when they are open... Phoenix is seeming to get worse... hes going to the vet today, so hopefully i cant get him something to relieve those swollen eyes.... thank you so much for all the information, i dont know what i would do w/o yall!!

Jordan and Phoenix

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Vicky,

Yes, my friend did contact T-rex regarding the bulbs after i let her know what was going on. At first, they denied that there were any problems going on & that her bulbs would be fine. They also said that the 160 watt bulbs were not having any problems. I told her otherwise, & she contacted them again because her dragons were squinting badly! She was using several of them, too. Obviously she is not very happy with them outright lying about the entire situation with her.
So, she did send them back i believe.
I hope they get this problem fixed soon!

Tracie

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
This is great information to know, Vicky. Thanks for posting it! :D
I know everyone does not look at the announcements, but it helps to know the topic is here to refer members to that may be experiencing problems with the TRex.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
I tried calling that number and go no response.. My Solar Glo came in the mail today however, I dont want a replacment.. I just want some money back I have my box packaged up and ready to send back to pet mountain. I wonder if they are aware of the problems.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
I called and was told that a lady named Rachael will call me back, i understand she is the one that everyone needs to talk to about any problems with the mvb bulbs from them :D

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Thank you girls for posting this info. I ordered a new T-Rex from Petmountain on Dec 2nd because they were on sale. My bulb wasn't due to be changed until last month.I still haven't changed it though because I know all the problems that Diane has been having with hers. :( I checked the lettering on it and it is indded a "J" which makes me very nervous.I am going to call T-Rex today. Thanks again! :D

*edit* I spoke to Rachael T-Rex and she told me to contact Petmountain. I did in fact call Petmountain and they will be refunding my money as soon as they receive the bulb in question. Great customer service :D They scheduled a pickup for Friday.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
puppytoes72":99701 said:
*edit* I spoke to Rachael T-Rex and she told me to contact Petmountain. I did in fact call Petmountain and they will be refunding my money as soon as they receive the bulb in question. Great customer service :D They scheduled a pickup for Friday.

Michele,
Who did you speak with at Pet Mtn? I first tried to send my bulbs back there, but they said it was beyond 30 day and I had to contact T-Rex. You did say you purchased it in Dec, right? It's all very unnerving, isn't it? I hope we get to the bottom of all this!!
Christine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom