training to be tame

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesboas

i want my beardy to sit somewhere i put it and not go to far how is this done right now if i lert her sit on my bed she starts running an d a freak out

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
They're not dogs, they don't really learn commands. As said prior the only real way to confine them to an area like that is with a leash, tho I never got my 4 to accept a leash. They all freaked and tried to about kill themselves to get loose from it.

how old is your dragon? babies are just babies and no matter what aren't going to sit still. Rorschach doesn't like me to pick him and runs away all the time even though i handle him like 10-30 a day everyday for the past month. He's 7 weeks old

Laura123

Hatchling Member
I got a leash thinking that I could put it on my beardie and let him out and wander so far on the leash..... BAD idea.... he struggled against the leash and kept making it tighter on him and started freaking out. Havent used the leash yet. I have to say I am not very good and letting him out because I have so many things he can run under and it would be very difficult to get him out.

Ye same here im considering getting my self a leash for spike cus i do my algebra hw uhhhhhhhh to much but he sits on one of my turkey hunting seats (yes i hunt) and he sits there and watches my pencil go on the page and watch my frustration :banghead: and thn out of no were he bolts away nad im like wow comebak here he stops wen i mstand up thn i touch him and he spazes out but hes gotten a lot bttr on ly cus i take him out wen hes tired and a little while b4 bed everynite and weight til he falls a sleep

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
If your are talking about a young beardie, there is nothing you can do about them running around. It is in their nature to run around and explore. If he is real active, be careful about setting him on anything high such as a chair or your bed without supervision. He will bolt and unfortunately beardies do not have great depth perception and will take flying leaps off of anything and everything. You could always try making some sort of a play area in your room with baracades so that he cannot escape and get lost. This way he can have some space to free roam without the worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom