too large?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek32

Juvie Member
is a 6 foot tank too big for 1 beardie? a friend of mine told me 6 feet is too big even for an adult. tank dimensions are 6 ffoot long 18 inches front to back and 24 inches high

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
IMO no. the only real concern is them possibly harder for them to find their bugs, but feed them in a separate tub then no problem. Which btw I really recommend especially for a large tank. it's a pain trying to get them out.

Derek32

Juvie Member
Original Poster
for crickets i feed her in a 10g tank thats bare and for the mini mealies i just put them in a food dish and they cant get out lol. she can eat 2 dozen in under 30 seconds no problem. idk if thats good but at least she is eating lol.

pogvitt

Hatchling Member
There is really no such thing as too large as long as the proper temperatures are maintained. If you are worried about losing feeders, just feed outside the tank. the only potential problem is the width - if your beardie grows to 20+ inches, he may have a bit of trouble turning around.

Ostrommaysi

Hatchling Member
pogvitt":3w30yslt said:
There is really no such thing as too large as long as the proper temperatures are maintained. If you are worried about losing feeders, just feed outside the tank. the only potential problem is the width - if your beardie grows to 20+ inches, he may have a bit of trouble turning around.

You got to consider that at least half of their length is a flexible tail. My beardie is actually 21 inches long and I have an 18 wide tank. He has absolutely no problem at all getting back and forth. (In fact you'd be hard pressed to stop him) While I'd never discourage more width if you can get it, it shouldn't be any trouble for your beardie to get around in. They can surprise you how easily they can get around despite obstacles.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Remember these animals roam a rather large area in their natural habitat. A 6ft viv is nothing for them.

Derek32

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i would use the 180g i have but thats huuugeeee for just one beardie. its 6x2x2 lol. anyone know the dimensions of a 125?

Derek32

Juvie Member
Original Poster
okay so it turns out the guy i found gthat tank for in craigslist(72x18x24) with stand for 120 bucks is the same guy on the reef forum i am on also and have been a payed member of for ther past 2 years. once i emailed him and told him(i know its the same guy cause the locatioj is the same and the pics he sent me are the same pics he has on th reef forum) i asked him how much he wanted cause on the reef forum he has it for 100. once i told him who i was he stopped answering me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom