Tips/recommendations for inside tank lighting?

Krissy_p

Beardie name(s)
John McClane
Hi everyone! We have two bearded dragons and for the longest time, especially for our older dragon, we’ve been using an Arcadia UVB and a 100 W basking bulb on top of the mesh of the viv.

Our older bearded dragon is now in a 4 x 2 x 2, and I’m interested in putting a basking light inside of the tank for him. His basking temperatures have been frustrating since I moved him into the bigger tank. It seems non-consistent. For example, using a temperature gun, his basking site will remain 95% at 98°, but there will be a spot somewhere in the middle that somehow reaches 115°. I’m interested in lowering his basking spot and moving his lights inside of the tank in hopes of getting a more consistent temperature on his basking spot. I’m very confused on what kind of products to use to mount a basking light inside. Does anyone have any suggestions?

For our baby, I will eventually do the same when our 4 x 2 x 2 for her comes in. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone! We have two bearded dragons and for the longest time, especially for our older dragon, we’ve been using an Arcadia UVB and a 100 W basking bulb on top of the mesh of the viv.

Our older bearded dragon is now in a 4 x 2 x 2, and I’m interested in putting a basking light inside of the tank for him. His basking temperatures have been frustrating since I moved him into the bigger tank. It seems non-consistent. For example, using a temperature gun, his basking site will remain 95% at 98°, but there will be a spot somewhere in the middle that somehow reaches 115°. I’m interested in lowering his basking spot and moving his lights inside of the tank in hopes of getting a more consistent temperature on his basking spot. I’m very confused on what kind of products to use to mount a basking light inside. Does anyone have any suggestions?

For our baby, I will eventually do the same when our 4 x 2 x 2 for her comes in. Thank you!
I have a Zen that is a 4x2x2 and have my basking lights on top of the screen - you want a accurate surface basking temp from a digital probe thermometer- I do use a IR gun to spot check but use the digital probes for more accuracy - in the winter I use two basking bulbs for the hot side of the tank one 150 watt and one 75 watt - summer time it goes to 100 watt - I also have a second basking area in the middle of the tank that a 75 watt is used - it sits behind the UVB and temps on the rock are 90's - the only light in the tank is the UVB-- under the two lights is a piece of decor that offers different heat gradients that he can choose to bask at - they range from 95- 108 -110 depending on where he is sitting - ambient temp in the area is around 100 or so -- you dont want the basking bulb any closer than 6" in the tank --- as far as what to use inside the tank for mounting I am not sure since I have never done it but we can ask some others to help out if that is what you want to do - posting a pic for reference -

Attachments

• New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 73

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom