Tips/recommendations for inside tank lighting?

Krissy_p

Beardie name(s)
John McClane
Hi everyone! We have two bearded dragons and for the longest time, especially for our older dragon, we’ve been using an Arcadia UVB and a 100 W basking bulb on top of the mesh of the viv.

Our older bearded dragon is now in a 4 x 2 x 2, and I’m interested in putting a basking light inside of the tank for him. His basking temperatures have been frustrating since I moved him into the bigger tank. It seems non-consistent. For example, using a temperature gun, his basking site will remain 95% at 98°, but there will be a spot somewhere in the middle that somehow reaches 115°. I’m interested in lowering his basking spot and moving his lights inside of the tank in hopes of getting a more consistent temperature on his basking spot. I’m very confused on what kind of products to use to mount a basking light inside. Does anyone have any suggestions?

For our baby, I will eventually do the same when our 4 x 2 x 2 for her comes in. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone! We have two bearded dragons and for the longest time, especially for our older dragon, we’ve been using an Arcadia UVB and a 100 W basking bulb on top of the mesh of the viv.

Our older bearded dragon is now in a 4 x 2 x 2, and I’m interested in putting a basking light inside of the tank for him. His basking temperatures have been frustrating since I moved him into the bigger tank. It seems non-consistent. For example, using a temperature gun, his basking site will remain 95% at 98°, but there will be a spot somewhere in the middle that somehow reaches 115°. I’m interested in lowering his basking spot and moving his lights inside of the tank in hopes of getting a more consistent temperature on his basking spot. I’m very confused on what kind of products to use to mount a basking light inside. Does anyone have any suggestions?

For our baby, I will eventually do the same when our 4 x 2 x 2 for her comes in. Thank you!
I have a Zen that is a 4x2x2 and have my basking lights on top of the screen - you want a accurate surface basking temp from a digital probe thermometer- I do use a IR gun to spot check but use the digital probes for more accuracy - in the winter I use two basking bulbs for the hot side of the tank one 150 watt and one 75 watt - summer time it goes to 100 watt - I also have a second basking area in the middle of the tank that a 75 watt is used - it sits behind the UVB and temps on the rock are 90's - the only light in the tank is the UVB-- under the two lights is a piece of decor that offers different heat gradients that he can choose to bask at - they range from 95- 108 -110 depending on where he is sitting - ambient temp in the area is around 100 or so -- you dont want the basking bulb any closer than 6" in the tank --- as far as what to use inside the tank for mounting I am not sure since I have never done it but we can ask some others to help out if that is what you want to do - posting a pic for reference -

Attachments

• New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 71

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom