Thor's Thread 03-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some may know my little Thor is growing well. More then doubled in size since I got him ~2 months ago. I have him on a very varied diet. He has shown a flighty, aggressive attitude toward me in the past and the more I have been hand feeding him he has been coming around more and more. Progress! He is in a 40 gallon breeder enclosure, 24 inch Reptisun 10.0 (2/3 enclosure length) Has a piece of decor I got from a local pet shop, the piece was broken (which I fixed) so I got it for half price :wink: This decor allows him to get 6 inches from his UV source and ~6 inches from his primary basking light. His basking temperature is ~107-111°F. He is provided a daily salad which he does eat. Dusting per a preferred dusting schedule. Only RepCal supplements used. Has a low profile large diameter water dish. Reptile carpet substrate a hammock and a vine used to help get up his basking decor. The basking decor doubles for shade, UV cover. Thor is bathed 2 times a week.

Typical daily diet - ~50-70 1/4 crickets, 15-20 small silkworms, ~2-5 small butterworms, 1-4 small hornworms. He gets an occasional wax worm when I have them has had reptiworms in the past. Thor has yet to deny any feeder offered.

I will get pictures up on this thread of him soon. I will leave this with a question... anything I can improve on?

SunShine

Juvie Member

Sorry on the lack of commenting, I usually am not on during the weekends, but, prepare for a long post.
1-He has such a cute pudgy belly, omg.
2-Does anyone else love how these guys eat? Their mouths get huge and it's just so cute to see them nom.
3-I am jealous! Thor is so young and sooooo big. He is 13 inches, almost Horus' size, and he is about a year old. (He is 14 inches, previous owners had him in a ten gal till we got him about a month ago)
4- He was so adorable in the vid, grats to you for keeping up with his stalking run, they can most FAST.

OK, so maybe not long, but a few interesting point things. Coffee what?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
SamusTheDragon":24t7i1i7 said:
Beardednoob":24t7i1i7 said:
Just weighed Thor, he came in at just under 60g. :wink:
He's so long! Probably in a few months thor will be 23 inches and 540g!
LOL that would be great! :wink:
Now where did I put my miracle grow? :?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
With his size I may have to re-guesstimate his age? I got him @ 6 inches I was pretty sure this was about 6 weeks old?
Hmm I have had him for 62 days. IDK LOL

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thought I would throw this in here, today is the 3rd day straight, that Thor polished off his salad. 8)
My other dragons were always like salad? Really? Aww do we have to :cry:

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Beardednoob":29d6xfm0 said:
Thought I would throw this in here, today is the 3rd day straight, that Thor polished off his salad. 8)
Lol my beardies rarely eat all their greens. If I put squash or beardie bites in it they'll eat those and ignore their greens :roll:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
SamusTheDragon":11krhow5 said:
Beardednoob":11krhow5 said:
Lol my beardies rarely eat all their greens. If I put squash or beardie bites in it they'll eat those and ignore their greens :roll:
I can never get my dragons to eat squash, they always turn their noses up at it. :?

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Yay Thor! I'm impressed he has started packing on the grams as well as being put on the stretcher. Dres ate his greens the last two days. Good to know the boys are on the same page :)

Where did you get him from?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
McSkweeky":2ptxu8d1 said:
Yay Thor! I'm impressed he has started packing on the grams as well as being put on the stretcher. Dres ate his greens the last two days. Good to know the boys are on the same page :)

Where did you get him from?
Petsmart, all of my dragons have come from petsmart. 8)

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thor today measured 13.25 inches. Little man is a beast LOL.
SAM_1976.jpg

SAM_1974.jpg

SAM_1972.jpg

SAM_1971.jpg

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom