Thor's Thread 03-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some may know my little Thor is growing well. More then doubled in size since I got him ~2 months ago. I have him on a very varied diet. He has shown a flighty, aggressive attitude toward me in the past and the more I have been hand feeding him he has been coming around more and more. Progress! He is in a 40 gallon breeder enclosure, 24 inch Reptisun 10.0 (2/3 enclosure length) Has a piece of decor I got from a local pet shop, the piece was broken (which I fixed) so I got it for half price :wink: This decor allows him to get 6 inches from his UV source and ~6 inches from his primary basking light. His basking temperature is ~107-111°F. He is provided a daily salad which he does eat. Dusting per a preferred dusting schedule. Only RepCal supplements used. Has a low profile large diameter water dish. Reptile carpet substrate a hammock and a vine used to help get up his basking decor. The basking decor doubles for shade, UV cover. Thor is bathed 2 times a week.

Typical daily diet - ~50-70 1/4 crickets, 15-20 small silkworms, ~2-5 small butterworms, 1-4 small hornworms. He gets an occasional wax worm when I have them has had reptiworms in the past. Thor has yet to deny any feeder offered.

I will get pictures up on this thread of him soon. I will leave this with a question... anything I can improve on?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
McSkweeky":1ewprc6g said:
Woohoo! He looks great!! I love his colors. Dresden is in the middle of a head and body shed and I can't wait to see what his colors will be. I'm hoping he turns out more orange/yellow like his legs are starting to show.

What an eater! Thor certainly is living up to his name :) I'm impressed at his dinner. I am gonna post a couple pics tonight of the belly Dres is getting. I didnt think to see if his tail base is getting chunky so I will have to compare that.

--Maggie

I will look forward to this. :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Rofl at the foot spazzing haha.

Those are some small crickets you are giving Thor lol, he looks like he can take on some bigger prey!

Holy cow at the ferocity that is displayed as Thor goes in for a cricket!! He jabs is head at that cricket so fiercely!

Thor is such a pudgy little man!

-Brandon

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
claudiusx":126a635n said:
Those are some small crickets you are giving Thor lol, he looks like he can take on some bigger prey!

They are I had to get some last minute crickets from petsmart. :?
They are better when smaller though, just have to feed him more LOL :wink:
I will be graduating him to larger ones soon. Maybe in a week or 2 depending on his growth rate. LOL if he keeps up he will be eating 6 week crickets in a couple weeks. :shock:
I hate chirpers! :angry5: .........**SHUT UP..you stupid cricket!** :banghead: <-- sorry flash backs 8)

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
McSkweeky":2aa0ze35 said:
What a great video! I love the slow motion attack. What did you use to take the video?

--Maggie
My digital camera has a camcorder built in (samsung TL205). I edited with windows live movie maker. :wink:

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
I have a Mac...I wonder if iMovie will let me do something like that. I've never tried, but I guess I'll have to now.

Side note - I was talking to one of my best friends today about the beardies, and he said 'it's so nice that you finally have a hobby'. I totally laughed, but it's so true! They are the best hobby IMO :)

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
I LOVED the slow motion shot! You need to edit in loud pounding footsteps, like from Jurrasic Park etc. :mrgreen:

*BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM*...

And the water part :laughhard: *nuff said* LOL

~Sherri

SunShine

Juvie Member

Oooo He is going to be a big guy, then again he has big scales to fill. scales, shoes, hahaha. (It's really early, hope someone else got that)
He is growing fast though. Morning snuggles=awesome.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Everything is basically the same with my little man today. He has put on a gram or two now weighing 50grams. Tail still hasn't shed yet. He is still progressing in his attitude with me :D

You can see the red on his arms, he actually has a few different colors, lol he is mutt. :lol:
SAM_1909.jpg

SAM_1907.jpg

SAM_1906.jpg

I am not sure what he was looking at but, I snapped a picture at the right time to catch it. :wink:
SAM_1905.jpg

SAM_1904.jpg

:mrgreen:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yay I am glad Thor keeps putting on weight! Wow! he has hit the big 50 gram mark! :mrgreen:

Loved the pictures Michael.

-Brandon

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, that tail! It should be registered as a lethal weapon LOL

Nothing much better than hearing of a beardie putting on the #'s :blob5: Oh, wait, I can't find the gram symbol...gonna have to make up a macro of one :mrgreen:

~Sherri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom