This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Dee,

Sorry idk why I didnt see you had posted updates.

I think limiting peteys supers a bit more is a good idea. That should get him eating more. I dont know if I ever mentioned it, but what I do for my adult dragons is usually 5~ supers every 3red day, and a big salad every day. This seems to work well for me.

Sorry about the back. Hopefully the shots do end up helping this time. What happened to cause so much damage to your back if you dont mind sharing?

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've had major back issues since my 1st injury at 9 yo. ? Then multiple auto and cycle wrecks, plus generally doing stupid stuff. Because of sciatic nerve damage on my right side, I've been on heavy pain meds for a decade, disability for abt 7 yrs now.
In Dec, while having my car repaired, I managed to pull myself up into my dil's jeep, (twice) which is about waist high. Already having a messed up back, that did some damage. This time on the left side. We're starting with the most current injury and will go to the older problems later. I'm 62 and hope for another 20 yrs, but not in the shape I'm in. I finally reached a point that I'm willing to try anything to bring down the pain, reduce medicine usage and have the rest of my days be closer to normal life. I also think that medical science has progressed so much, I might have a chance at getting it fixed now. I've refused surgery for 30 yrs because every friend or family member I knew that had it, regretted it and was worse off afterwards. But a lot has changed in medicine in the last 30 yrs. I'm certainly not looking forward to tomorrow but gotta start somewhere. They want to start with the least invasive options first. Understandable.
Petey! I was feeding 6 Supers every 3rd day, fresh salads daily. But noticed he didn't eat his salad as well the day after. So going back to 3 every other day and see what happens.
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sorry dee that's rough. But yes, medicine has definitely increased a lot in 30 years so try to stay positive about it. It's a whole new ballgame now :)

Really hoping the shots work wonders for you. Sending good thoughts your way.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Awww thanks hon. I really appreciate that.
At least now days they use x-ray to see contrast dye so they know they are getting the medication in the exact spot it needs to go. Before they just made a stab at it. LOL! pun intended. ? So I'm hoping. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
For those interested, procedure went well and NOTHING close to the pain the shots caused years ago. Big relief there. Dr was great, told me everything that was happening, kept checking on me (you doing ok?) multiple times. Sure it hurt a little but compared to what I'm dealing with now? I have no problem going back to do it again if it gives me improvement. That was the cause of the anxiety, knowing what it was like before. This was a walk in the park comparatively. Only time will tell how much improvement I'll get from this. Have recheck in 2 weeks.
Thanks all for the well wishes and good vibes being sent.?
Hope all is well with everyone and their babies, scaley and otherwise. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Brandon and Mariosdad. ?
As I understand it, the pain may come back for a day or 2 until the steroids kick in. Told me to continue with pain meds as needed. LOL! ? Like I'm gonna ignore it? LMAO. I only take it when I need it to begin with, but I'm dang sure gonna take if it reaches that point. ? Silly Dr!
It hasn't stopped the pain but it's not near bad enough to take anything at this time. Just getting relief to the point of NOT needing any makes me happy.
Getting ready to go shopping, that will be a test. Want to do it now before it kicks back in. ??
Have a great day.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Forgot, Petey got to try a new fruit yesterday. ? Honey Mango. Cut a small piece into 4 smaller pieces that would prob equal the size of a cut small grape. He munched on 1 piece and spit out half of it! Lol! ? So there's another fruit to add to the YUCK list. I just don't get it. He just doesn't like fruit. Of any kind. He might eat 1 or 2 tiny pieces of grape and that's about it. ? And that's prob accidental! ?
I'm not concerned that he's missing vital nutrients or anything, he eats plenty of greens and squashes, nibbles grated sweet potato and carrot.
Saw that they can have canned garbanzo beans, so next time I make hummus I'll cut up a couple and see how those go. I want him to have variety because he doesn't like fruit. I just keep trying. ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi dee,

I've never had much success with fruit either. Besides watermelon and apples. Have you ever seen a dragon try to eat watermelon? It's one thing that used to get Moro active lol.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
DragonPete":2pej2gkf said:
I've seen one refuse to even try watermelon or cantaloupe either! ?
-Dee

Petey is probably smart enough to know that eating watermelon is too difficult for dragons haha. Moro doesn't care, she will try and try and try.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":448ql05m said:
Hi dee,

I've never had much success with fruit either. Besides watermelon and apples. Have you ever seen a dragon try to eat watermelon? It's one thing that used to get Moro active lol.

-Brandon
Oh and no apples. At least not red one.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":1eccw1jd said:
DragonPete":1eccw1jd said:
I've seen one refuse to even try watermelon or cantaloupe either! ?
-Dee

Petey is probably smart enough to know that eating watermelon is too difficult for dragons haha. Moro doesn't care, she will try and try and try.

-Brandon
I'm hoping he'll like rose petals, I know they're safe as long as no pesticides etc. I have 12 bushes, 3 different kinds and they all bloom profusely all summer and well into fall, usually still blooming mid November.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
On top of that, with an early spring, my yard has been overtaken by wild mint and dandelions. I mean they are everywhere! And of course, Petey refuses to eat either one! I keep telling him that people pay good money for this stuff! He just gives me his Petey Stink Eye!! ?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom