This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":18y5jxry said:
I'm sorry for your loss Dee. It is tough to make the compassionate choice for your creatures. Wishing you well.
-April
Thanks April. It's one of the hardest things a pet parent ever has to do.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well Petey apparently decided he'd rather eat his salad than hold out for supers. He's not a stupid Dragon! ?LMAO!
Yesterday, he ate half his salad after finishing off the one from the day before. I was gonna give him some wigglies and decided not to. When I got up this morning, the other half was gone, bowl empty. Made him a fresh salad and he's eaten half already. Been 1.5 hrs since fresh salad.
He tries to be stubborn by not eating his salad the day after worm day. I took away his worm day and he's chowing into his salads again. I will give him his worms today, he's done good on his salad. May just make it a point to give him smaller salad after worm day. Don't like leaving it overnight but don't like paying to throw it away either.
-Dee
Just gave him 6 Supers, he chowed them right down. He's a happy Petey! ?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's a beautiful day in NC. 73 and sunny with a warm breeze. ? supposed to be 78 today! ?
Ordered 500 Supers for my boy, that way I know he'll have no issues getting his wigglers for at least 6 months. He finished his leftover salad from yesterday, even though he had supers too. Yay! Made a fresh salad and he's been nibbling on it, unless he sees me watching. What's up with that? He'll leave the dish if he sees me watching or if I walk by.
Again, it's a warmer than usual day and he always seems more active and colorful when it's over 72 in here. I'll have to adjust his light or his basking surface temp will get too hot when it's this warm. He will spend more time in the rest of his tank though. ?
One of his digital probe thermometers is acting wacky, like it has a short in it. It's on the cool side though, the one on his basking spot is fine. If I feel the need I can always move it over for a while or use the IR. Just bugs me, only had them since Dec. They were cheap. Might contact seller and see if they send me another, not worth paying postage to send it back for sure! ?
Have a good day all!
-Dee
Edit - Had to adjust his light, was 103+ in his 'spot' and he's not in it. Lol! So nice to be out of the fleece, socks and fuzzy slippers today! ? (me, not Petey! ?)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Enjoy the warm weather Dee. Take advantage of being able to get some natural Vitamin D for you and Petey.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":3cuogf5y said:
Enjoy the warm weather Dee. Take advantage of being able to get some natural Vitamin D for you and Petey.

-Brandon
I'm going to try to order or make a harness for him. I'm afraid to take him out without some way to keep hold of him. We're NOT that close. LMAO! Maybe 1 day. ?
I think I could prob crochet something in an hour that would suffice. Have some navy blue yarn I think would look good on him. ? Gives me something to do and not dwell on bad shhtuff. ?
How's everything with your zoo? Family all better now?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tombo isn't the most Calm of alpha males either, but when he's outside he seems to be way more intrigued to just stare and look around than to whip and lash and try to get away. You might just see how Petey takes it :)

We are all good now. Just like everyone else, not feeling 100% from all the anxiety and changes but we are doing quite well. My county issued a shelter in place order starting today at 5 pm, and lasting until the 20th of next month.. :roll:
Naturally, I will still be going into work. Truth be told, I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't be. The wife is already home and has been for weeks now since she hurt herself at work. So that worked out ok for us. But besides that, life is continuing on just with a bit more stress than usual.
Thanks for asking :)

Calm seas don't make for good sailors :)

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":3eahhppe said:
Tombo isn't the most Calm of alpha males either, but when he's outside he seems to be way more intrigued to just stare and look around than to whip and lash and try to get away. You might just see how Petey takes it :)

We are all good now. Just like everyone else, not feeling 100% from all the anxiety and changes but we are doing quite well. My county issued a shelter in place order starting today at 5 pm, and lasting until the 20th of next month.. :roll:
Naturally, I will still be going into work. Truth be told, I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't be. The wife is already home and has been for weeks now since she hurt herself at work. So that worked out ok for us. But besides that, life is continuing on just with a bit more stress than usual.
Thanks for asking :)

Calm seas don't make for good sailors :)

-Brandon
Glad to hear things are at least close to normal. With exception of the elevated stress level. ?
As long as baby is healthy, everything else can be dealt with.?
Since Petey was a free range Dragon his 1st year, he might really like some outside sun time. May actually be calming for him, although he's not aggressive he's just not too keen on being held, etc. I already pulled out the yarn, gotta find a crochet hook, haven't done this in years! ? Weather supposed to be really nice the next few days, hope to take him out for a bit. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
106785-9206168968.jpg
106785-33369349.jpg

Couple new pics of Petey, he's a happy camper, just had his Supers. ? His orange spots looks like he's been in Cheetos bag! ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
DragonPete":s5n29cw8 said:
Wish I had a real camera. Phone pics don't do justice for sure. ?
-Dee
I have one, and usually end up using my phone anyways hah. Cameras in general tend to never do our dragons justice. Unless I'm just bad with mine, which is totally a possibiity.

Is Peteys' home normally in the kitchen?

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":253p41l1 said:
DragonPete":253p41l1 said:
Wish I had a real camera. Phone pics don't do justice for sure. ?
-Dee
I have one, and usually end up using my phone anyways hah. Cameras in general tend to never do our dragons justice. Unless I'm just bad with mine, which is totally a possibiity.

Is Peteys' home normally in the kitchen?

-Brandon
He is on my breakfast bar that separates the kitchen from the living room. In the middle of everything that goes on around here. (Which ain't much lol)
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nice! I wish I had mine out where things were more active. I do think having things for them to watch is good for them.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":8pniguhq said:
Nice! I wish I had mine out where things were more active. I do think having things for them to watch is good for them.

-Brandon
Oh he goes to the kitchen side any time I'm in there. But then, I AM the 'food goddess' after all. ? He's also close enough when in my recliner, I can just turn my head to see what he's up to, almost directly to my right. ? TV is always on, I talk to him and the cats all day. So he's not hidden away by any means. He is curious and is always checking out something. ?

-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just saw Petey picking out slivers of red grape over the rest of his salad. I think they look a little like worms to him. Watched him eat 3 pieces.?

106785-7650483474.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom