This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow. Just found mold in my supers box. I think cause it's been warmer and heat hasn't been on to keep the house dry. Got them all cleaned out, washed container, fresh oatmeal. Will back down on carrots. Been putting in fresh couple times a week, think I'll drop to once a week so it doesn't happen again. Worms were fine and fat! Petey had his 3. Just shocked me, there was nothing there Thurs when he had them last. Gave fresh carrot then, today had mold on the carrot. ? Oh well. Fine now.
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Keep at it with Petey and his greens. Lots of effort to push the greens is normal. You can do it Dee. Be more stubborn than the dragon

Supers should be okay. I am an optimist, so the optimist in me sees you were offering carrots full of water to keep those bugs hydrated and happy. Some mold found its way in, but that's okay. Mold, algae, fungus, and the like are everywhere. We don't live in a sterile world. That mold found a good food source. You fixed the problem. Keep up the good work

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":hactod4q said:
Keep at it with Petey and his greens. Lots of effort to push the greens is normal. You can do it Dee. Be more stubborn than the dragon

Supers should be okay. I am an optimist, so the optimist in me sees you were offering carrots full of water to keep those bugs hydrated and happy. Some mold found its way in, but that's okay. Mold, algae, fungus, and the like are everywhere. We don't live in a sterile world. That mold found a good food source. You fixed the problem. Keep up the good work

Greens and squashes are his faves. He'll eat ALL types of greens just likes some better than others. The ones he won't eat is growing free in the yard! LMAOI! Go figure! ? But he doesn't like fruits. I figure if he eats plenty of veggies, he can still be healthy without fruit, lots of sugar he doesn't need. ?
But yeah, I was dropping 4 pieces of carrot in the supers about every 3 days, removing anything left before adding fresh. Always 4 pieces so I know I got them all out. ? With warmer, more humid air and a lid, mold got the carrot. So I'm just gonna add carrot once a week to the supers and remove what's left in about 24-36 hrs so I can hopefully keep it from happening again. Or maybe drop it to 2 pieces twice a week, removing after 24hrs. Trial and error. ? That actually sounds better. Less carrot but twice a week. ?
Supers do great! They are fat/very active. I've had none die since 1st order, lost a few to long shipping in Dec. The ones I got recently from pet store were the best! Very active and good size, better than what I got thru Amazon. ? and cheaper! Surprise!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
106785-1559490944.jpg

Today's dinner:
Kale
Zuchinni
Orange bell pepper
Home grown/frozen basil - shredded
Red grape
He hasn't decided about it yet. I think he's watching to see if anything wiggles. Lol! ? That's the norm though, he'll munch some several times a day.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So! As I understand it from my local news, the chance of me having surgery anytime soon, is slim to nonexistent. ? Hospitals are postponing all but emergency surgery to keep services available for future covid-19 patients. ? I completely understand that and have NO problem with it. Thoughts of being in a hospital at all makes my anxiety level skyrocket, afraid of sepsis, even more so with the virus run amuck! ? I would MUCH rather wait till this is over!
Being near Raleigh, we have some of the best medical facilities in the country, 35-40 mins away. That's a big plus for living in this area. ? Excellent medical care!
-Dee

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Love the positive outlook! It just hit the kids today..."What do you mean the ski hill is closed? And so-and-so's birthday party is cancelled? And we can't go to the movie theater?"

Glad you have the necessary medical facilities for your needs close by, that's a huge plus.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MariosDad":3alaasep said:
Love the positive outlook! It just hit the kids today..."What do you mean the ski hill is closed? And so-and-so's birthday party is cancelled? And we can't go to the movie theater?"

Glad you have the necessary medical facilities for your needs close by, that's a huge plus.

So glad I don't have kids at home! I feel for you parents that do during all this. Hang in there!
-Dee

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
My wife is planning the their schedule for the next two weeks... my job was to occupy them this weekend! The ski hill is closed, but we went sledding on our hill instead. Now a chill night of music and a family puzzle!
107433-6724297283.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree Dee, in your shoes I would definitely prefer to wait until this whole thing is over!

I think I know how you can get petey to eat his salads. Let him vacation with me for a week. He will be begging for your salads by the time he comes back! LOL!

You put us all to shame Dee. Petey doesn't know how good he's got it!

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MariosDad":y2nlbvlf said:
My wife is planning the their schedule for the next two weeks... my job was to occupy them this weekend! The ski hill is closed, but we went sledding on our hill instead. Now a chill night of music and a family puzzle!
107433-6724297283.jpg
Good luck with all that! Lol! ? Kids be climbing the walls in a few days. ?
The idea of being out of school is great but can't go DO anything. ? That sux.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":1yw1s8ip said:
I agree Dee, in your shoes I would definitely prefer to wait until this whole thing is over!

I think I know how you can get petey to eat his salads. Let him vacation with me for a week. He will be begging for your salads by the time he comes back! LOL!

You put us all to shame Dee. Petey doesn't know how good he's got it!

-Brandon
Lol! Trust me, the little twerp don't appreciate a thing! ? *sigh* At least I know he got good salads. ?

I'll def wait till the virus thing is over. Been dealing with the back for decades, a few months won't hurt anything. The shots have helped a little. More than I expected for sure. If it continues to improve, might talk to Dr about trying it on the other side. Any improvement is a good thing. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So Petey only ate a couple bites of that great salad. No worms for you! Eat some salad!

*sigh* have to take my cat Patches to vet to cross the Rainbow Bridge today. She went rapidly downhill since she saw vet last week. Vet said she had very little time left. Her diabetes didn't dawn on me for her peeing issue. After having another diabetic cat on insulin for 5+ yrs, I should have noticed. Anyway, decided not to try to fight it this time, keep her comfy and let her go when the time came. Doesn't make it any easier, knowing it was coming, but the last 5 days was nosedive.
Just too much dumped in my lap in the last few weeks. Geeez.
Wishing the best to all.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Since Petey refused any salad Sunday, I refused to make a new one yesterday. When I got up today he had eaten most of it, so I made fresh. He's eaten about half that one. Guess he'll get some wigglers later. ? I'm guessing it'll be the same deal tomorrow. When he gets worms he doesn't want salad the next day. I CAN hold out longer than he can! ? LOL!
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I'm sorry for your loss Dee. It is tough to make the compassionate choice for your creatures. Wishing you well.
-April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom