This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Outside of some minor nibbling at his salad, he seems much happier to be basking. I have to think that he can tell the difference in the bulb. ?
The old bulb came with him at Thanksgiving. Son and DIL had had him over a year at that point and I will BET it's the same bulb that he came to them with. ? They have replacements but I'm pretty sure they think they don't need to change them unless they burn out. ? I do worry about his clutch mate. But only so much I can do. They're adults and my opinion isn't overly welcomed. Anyone with grown kids I'm sure can relate. ?
Petey seems comfortable and happy, that makes me happy. ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dee,
I'm a grown kid and I can confirm your thoughts... LOL.

Glad petey seems to be doing better with the new bulb. He looks happy in that last pic :)
How's the back been treating ya?

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1r16zbrq said:
Dee,
I'm a grown kid and I can confirm your thoughts... LOL.

Glad petey seems to be doing better with the new bulb. He looks happy in that last pic :)
How's the back been treating ya?

-Brandon
Badly. But have MRI tomorrow so hoping we can get on a path to improvement. ?
I swear he can tell/feel the difference. He's been much more active since the new lights. I just found it funny that every time I glanced over at him, he's on his hammock looking over his shoulder to the tube. Or sitting facing it and giving it serious contemplation. I dunno what goes on in their little beardie brains but I think he knows something changed.?
He's messing around doing Dragon stuff. Not near as lazy as he used to be. I'm pretty sure his tube was well over a year old. ? I feel better when I think he's happy. ?
-Dee

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hi, Dee:

Just catching up on the thread. I'm so sorry about your back problems. I can begin to understand the pain you're enduring, but not fully, and I'm so sorry you have to go through that! Hoping for a positive outcome!

I'm glad Petey is doing better with his new bulb. They're resilient creatures!

Keep us updated on BOTH you and Petey :)

Vanessa

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
vrenee1018":uekoou47 said:
Hi, Dee:

Just catching up on the thread. I'm so sorry about your back problems. I can begin to understand the pain you're enduring, but not fully, and I'm so sorry you have to go through that! Hoping for a positive outcome!

I'm glad Petey is doing better with his new bulb. They're resilient creatures!

Keep us updated on BOTH you and Petey :)

Vanessa
Thanks hon, I appreciate that. Seriously, I would not wish this on my worst enemy! It's gonna get better! ?
BD'S are such amazing creatures. Little things make such a difference. A few degrees in temp or more available uvbs and they just get all happy! ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Was a lucky day for Petey, he got his Supers early. ? A friend came over to take me to a late lunch and run some errands. He'd never seen Petey eat and when I was showing and explaining his Supers, I came across a very newly molted white one and wanted to treat Petey to the nice soft num num. So he got his 6 today, all nice and fat. ? Was amazing to my friend and Petey is a happy Dragon! ?
So, Dr office called, have another appt Mon to discuss my MRI. He'll tell me that my back is seriously messed up. ? Shoot! I didn't need an MRI for that! LOL! ?
Wishing everyone and their Beardies a great weekend! ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hey Dee,

I bet Petey liked his superworm meal! And showing off for the new eyes haha!

So you had your MRI right? They didn't tell you the results over the phone?

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":19mfl4f0 said:
Hey Dee,

I bet Petey liked his superworm meal! And showing off for the new eyes haha!

So you had your MRI right? They didn't tell you the results over the phone?

-Brandon
I think Petey was enjoying his Supers too much to care who was watching. ?
Yeah had MRI last Tues. They didn't tell me anything BUT I have it on DVD and I'm gonna load it on my pc before turning it over to my Dr. He got the written report but I have to give him the DVD visual record. ? At least I will have record if needed in the future. Ought to be interesting to see. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
G' Morning! ?
Petey getting some new greens today - Kale. Since it seems it's much healthier for him than what I read in the past, decided to get him some yesterday. He was ready for more greens anyway and the Curly Kale was the only one that looked fresh and crisp. Collards were just ok, turnip looked awful ?, mustard wasn't too bad but its his least fave. So we'll see how he reacts to it. Today is a combo of Kale and Turnip with summer squash. Got him a few white grapes too but don't want to put 2 new things at the same time. Well see how the Kale does first. ?
Dropped a small, quarter sized, piece of Kale and kitten snagged it and has run it all over the house. Lol! ? Apparently it makes a great kitten toy too. Who knew?!?! ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Still not sure about the Kale. ? Petey only ate a couple bites yesterday. I've noticed that he eats less the day after Supers. Why? Does it 'stick' with him longer or is he just holding out in hopes of getting more? ? I'm inclined to think the latter. ? Anyway, gave him a fresh salad and sliced up a white grape to put on top. If he tried anything I can't tell but there is a piece of green outside the dish. ? We'll see how that goes. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Still didn't eat but couple bites of salad yesterday. Maybe Kale doesn't work for him. ? I think he ate a few bites of squash, maybe bite of white grape but not sure. Because salad used to be a big treat, since he rarely had it before he came to me, he's not as impressed now. Or maybe I need to go back to fewer supers but more often. He always ate at least 70-75% of his salad then. Gives me something to consider. ? While sitting at the Dr waiting to discuss my MRI. I think my 'Anxiety Meter is Redlining'!! ? I'll get thru it, just need to get this over with. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
allllrightythen!! Back is certainly messed up, but I knew that. ? It was so obvious to see on the MRI though that it was a little shocking. ? Going to try to fix some things with injections, like bulging disks but will need decompression surgery for the lumbar vertebrae. The circular place where the spinal cord goes is no longer a circle. It's a firm triangle! Not good. Oh joy. ?
Now for Petey, I'm gonna skip his Supers tonight and see if he eats his salad better tomorrow. May go back to 2-3 a day every other day and see if that helps.? He ate more salad with that schedule.
*sigh* What a day! ?
-Dee

Oh and on top of that, got home and his flood light was burned out. What was that? 2 weeks? Maybe 3? SMH

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Just catching up, but dang! You just can't catch a break! Hope you wake up to a change of pace tomorrow. (sheesh! :roll: )

Glad Petey is good, though!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MariosDad":yv3ha1sa said:
Just catching up, but dang! You just can't catch a break! Hope you wake up to a change of pace tomorrow. (sheesh! :roll: )

Glad Petey is good, though!
At this point, I can't BUY a break! Lol! ?
Funny, I didn't dump Petey's salad yesterday. When I got up today, he had eaten 90% of it. Of course he's up several hrs before me, his lights are now on 6am-7pm. Trying to get a little closer to natural timing. But still, he must have gotten hungry enough not to hold out for worms. ? He might have a stubborn streak. ? Ya think?!?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Since Petey ate half his salad today, he got 3 supers and I picked a few young tender dandelion leaves. He didn't care for them when I tried before, so giving it another try. ?
Back to Dr tomorrow for shots in my back. ? Not looking forward to it, had them a few times in the past and they either didn't help or made it worse. Keeping fingers crossed that advances in medicine may mean a better outcome. ?
Wishing everyone a great day!
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom