This is for anyone who specializes in beardie lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
No one really seems to have anything good to say about them, so I wouldn’t risk it. If you get a really good uvb linear tube bulb at the proper distance you won’t have to worry about it anymore:).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My guy has a coil uvb light and the reason i gave this title is because i want to know if every single coul uvb light is bad for beardies
The only coil that I know of that is half decent is the 26 watt Reptisun I have heard of no others -- I do know that bulbs that have CFL's are NO good and I think alot of the coils have that ---- your safest one is the long tube fixture either a Zoo Med or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12 % bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech but the bulb that comes w/ it needs to be changed out to a Repitsun 10.0 T 5 or the Arcadia 12% bulb

inky

Original Poster
The only coil that I know of that is half decent is the 26 watt Reptisun I have heard of no others -- I do know that bulbs that have CFL's are NO good and I think alot of the coils have that ---- your safest one is the long tube fixture either a Zoo Med or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12 % bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech but the bulb that comes w/ it needs to be changed out to a Repitsun 10.0 T 5 or the Arcadia 12% bulb
is the 125 watt solar glo uvb good for the basking spot?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
is the 125 watt solar glo uvb good for the basking spot?
Yes it is good but you do want to back it up -- screen and distance for the UVB will block and weaken w/ a distance so you want to back it up w/ a long tube fixture --- for a 40 + gallon tank you can get a 24" or 30" fixture --- here are some links to the UVB's
this will come w/a 5.0 bulb this is more for a aquarium use you want the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb
sorry the pangea website is under maintenance and is not showing some of the items they are also out of stock on this one that is recommended
the 24" is sold out Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or you can get the Sunblaster Nano Tech but you need to change the bulb out to either the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or the Arcadia 12% bulb
these are all good fixtures and bulbs --

SPandS

Juvie Member
Cfl stands for compact florescent lamp and isn't something that coils have or don't have, it's just what they're called. I'm not sure why so many call them coils as not all CFLs are coil shaped and can be misleading.

Also a solar glo isn't a coil or cfl it's a mvb which stands for mercury vapor bulb. They produce uvb as well as heat unlike a cfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom