Thinking about my first beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckyle9423

Original Poster
Sadona":3vbwgixb said:
Aw, its ok, I thought the same thing until I noticed Friday was the 30th.
Don't give up hope just yet...sometimes people get busy and don't have time to respond to emails quickly. If she gave you a number, perhaps try to call her...
Yeah, I'm only worried because she was responding real quickly and from her phone... hopefully I'm worrying over nothing! (I'm actually considering trading one or two of my cresties for a beardie now!)

Sadona

Juvie Member
Thats how it is in most cases for me...
You have cresties? Thats cool...in the future, I'm considering getting one. They seem pretty neat, and for the most part, very affordable.
You might be able to sway someone with that bargain. :wink:

mckyle9423

Original Poster
Sadona":1t17jc7b said:
Thats how it is in most cases for me...
You have cresties? Thats cool...in the future, I'm considering getting one. They seem pretty neat, and for the most part, very affordable.
You might be able to sway someone with that bargain. :wink:
They are pretty neat, and definitely affordable - *very* little cost after the initial cost of set up and the geckos themselves! :p

Not many people are that into reptiles around me unfortunately, so it's going to be a bit tough to sway someone near me... but hey, there's a chance!

Sadona

Juvie Member
I know that Cresties are cute, but how are they as far as personality goes? Thats probably the next lizard I am planning on getting.
I had that same problem...I had to buy my Cinder from a breeder in New York and he was shipped. I know a few people who breed beardies that go to reptile shows a few hours away, but thats about it. I have never seen a reptile for sale on craigslist around Nashville.
Has that lady said anything?

mckyle9423

Original Poster
They aren't the most personable, but they do all have their little quirks and whatnot. I've yet to come across an ill tempered crestie, which is a far cry from Tokays.

I don't have anything against getting a beardie shipped, except I don't know when I'll be able to afford a 40 gallon tank from a petstore! :p

Still haven't heard back from her, nope :(

squirell

Hatchling Member
Have you tried looking on Craigslist for a tank? Ive seen them as low as 30-50 bucks in my area.

squirell

Hatchling Member
You could pretty much build your own crossfire for $150. I am going to be getting my first beardie in about 3 weeks and just borrowed a 29 gallon from a friend for temp set up. Plan on building one of the crossfire cases myself this summer. I would look into saving up for one of those a lot of people on this forum from what I noticed use that style. Here is the link for the instructions. http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

Sadona

Juvie Member
Squirrel is right - heck, you could spend only about 50-75 $ if you could find on old dresser to convert into a viv. Thats what I plan on doing for Cinder very soon. When I first got my little boy, I only had a 10 gallon around and I know it would do until he gets about 8 inches, but I plan on moving him to something bigger very soon.

mckyle9423

Original Poster
Oh, that Crossfire looks awesome! It'd definitely push my getting a beardie back a few months, but I think it'd be worth it for that!

Converting a dresser would be a lot cheaper, but I'm pretty bad at anything DIY without good instructions xD

squirell

Hatchling Member
You should go and look at the enclosures section of the forum there is all kinds of stuff in there. Im sure someone a lil more handy would be willing to assist you in that section. They got a thread just of pictures in there too here is the link 80 some pages good place to get some ideas from. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=66704 Sorry im new to this as well and have been reading on this forum for a couple months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bre2236
Top Bottom