Thinking about my first beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I tried and failed with a baby from PetSmart abotu a year go. But I've found what I believe is a steal on Craigslist for a 2 year old beardie and his tank, etc. for $75! He's quite the handsome guy, too! Is there any information I should know before getting him? (Other than basic husbandry, which I *believe* I have down pat.) Here's a picture of his enclosure and him.

img00216201004252150.jpg

img00215201004252150.jpg

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Toss the sand, find out what they've been feeding and how often, find out what heat and uvb bulbs they've been using.

mckyle9423

Original Poster
lacy_black":g8w8xtfx said:
Toss the sand, find out what they've been feeding and how often, find out what heat and uvb bulbs they've been using.
Yeah, I noticed the sand - definitely something I'm going to take care of. I still have to get that other info from them, though. Didn't think to ask in my excitement! :p

Alright, just got this from the woman selling him... now I'm not so sure if I should get him or not :/

"I just use a heat bulb from any pet store. They have spefically. For dragons. I don't leave it on all the time. He don't need it at night. He loves warm baths also. And he eats mostly insects. Loves mealworms

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry"

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
he looks to be in ok shape. despite not having good UVB. so you can only imagine how he will peak up once you get a nice reptisun 10 tube in there. hes pretty cheap i think you should give him a chance. :D . look at that cute face

mckyle9423

Original Poster
twyliteskyz":ka7rb5oy said:
he looks to be in ok shape. despite not having good UVB. so you can only imagine how he will peak up once you get a nice reptisun 10 tube in there. hes pretty cheap i think you should give him a chance. :D . look at that cute face
Yeah, its definitely surprising me how nice he looks! I'm just worried that if I get him and he does end up having problems, I may not be able to care for him properly being a first time beardie owner and all...

SierraandRhonda

Hatchling Member
I would worry about the first time owner thing. Especially now that you know about this site! A lot of us have made some mistakes in the past and are happy to help so that no one else has to make the same ones! I have never had a problem or a question un-helped. If he is in that good of health living on sand and protein alone I think you are about to buy a strong dragon with lots of potential for you. Especially once you get him all set up good he should perk up nicely! Keep us updated! There a lot of care sheets and very smart nice people around here!

mckyle9423

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great words guys! I'm pretty positive now that I'm getting this boy on May 3rd - as soon as I have the cash! :blob5:

mckyle9423

Original Poster
Sadona":21vllysu said:
Hes cute! Can't wait for pics...I'm excited for you! May 3rd is just next week, too! :D
And now I feel like an ***** xD For some reason I was thinking it was 2 weeks away! :p

But I think she might have found someone else, since she hasn't replied to my emails... which will be a real bummer, since my budget's a little too small to get a dragon setup and the dragon right now unless its super cheap like that.

Sadona

Juvie Member
Aw, its ok, I thought the same thing until I noticed Friday was the 30th.
Don't give up hope just yet...sometimes people get busy and don't have time to respond to emails quickly. If she gave you a number, perhaps try to call her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom