Swollen Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I wondered if it was a renal issue, just because I too, have gout. Not as serious as that poor baby, but it is there. Tracy is amazing, and I'll shout that to the mountains if need be !
Janie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Janie,

Thank you Janie. :oops: I hope I can help out.
Oh geez, you have gout too? Wow, I am sorry about that. So, you know how it would feel.
I am just waiting to hear back from the OP. I hope we can get her dragon treated, immediately, & that she can get a blood test, too.

Tracie

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Tracy, I actually use Black Cherry juice as part of my therepy for Gout, and yes I have had it since I was pregnant with John, my now almost 17 year old.
Could possibly that be used in tiny amounts for a dragon with this issue ?
Janie.
Oh and Humility is a great thing, but you are the Bomb, girl !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, black cherry juice can definitely be used, it is safe. The meds absolutely have to be used too, unfortunately.
Sorry you have had gout for that long. I guess your pregnancy threw everything out of whack for you.
We are still waiting to hear back from the OP. :D

Thanks, Janie.

Tracie

partypets

Original Poster
Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, where we live there are no vets that have any expertise or knowledge with reptiles, so we're doing our best for Irwin by implementing most of the wonderful suggestions from you all. We changed the substrate and lighting and we've made the dietary changes as well. He seems to be doing well. The swelling has gone down noticeably on one of his back feet and the coloring on his other feet looks more normal although there does remain some swelling. I hope that in a matter of time, we'll see real improvement. As I said earlier, he is acting completely normal as far as his eating, movement and general demeanor, so we remain very hopeful. Thanks again for all your help andf I'll keep you posted on his progress.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good some of the swelling has gone down.
I can suggest the use of gout medication which he will ultimately need & will need to remain on for life to aid his kidneys. The medication will help expedite the excretion of uric acid as well as help to dissolve what is already deposited.
If you would like, I can get you the information. He would benefit from it, greatly.
I hope he is doing well.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom