Whats wrong?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you still using the liquid calcium for him also? Are you getting the proper dose into him for his
weight? I can help with that, if you need. This could be a calcium issue, since that does cause a
lot of neurological problems.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
Hello,

Are you still using the liquid calcium for him also? Are you getting the proper dose into him for his
weight? I can help with that, if you need. This could be a calcium issue, since that does cause a
lot of neurological problems.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie
I think he was around 48 grams. I don't exactly remember and they said to use 0.07 of the medicine. Im still giving it to him twice a day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
Ok, that dose sounds conservative, depending on the strength of the calcium. How long did they
want him to take that, twice daily for?

Tracie

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
Ok, that dose sounds conservative, depending on the strength of the calcium. How long did they
want him to take that, twice daily for?

Tracie
For a month. He can get down from his basking spot, but I have yet to see him get back up. His legs don't work very well or at least one of them doesn't work very well. It has 0 muscle in it. He ate on his own yesterday I didn't have to use the tweezers he just wobbled over lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope he is doing better. You can try having him swim around in a shallow container of water. That can
help him regain leg strength, but be sure you are there with him because they can dip their heads under
water or drown quickly.

Tracie

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
Hello,

I hope he is doing better. You can try having him swim around in a shallow container of water. That can
help him regain leg strength, but be sure you are there with him because they can dip their heads under
water or drown quickly.

Tracie
Thank you so much I will try that. He seems to be looking like he getting his strength back in his one leg.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great he seems to be getting some strength back in his leg, I hope so. That has to be really
frustrating for him not to be able to use his leg as he normally was doing. Keep us posted on his
progress!

Tracie

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
Hello,

That's great he seems to be getting some strength back in his leg, I hope so. That has to be really
frustrating for him not to be able to use his leg as he normally was doing. Keep us posted on his
progress!

Tracie
Hes still dragging around, but I moved his stuff down so he can get down easier

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
Hello,

progress!

Tracie
Also lately hes been trying to go to sleep earlier. Idk what thats about

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, he might be trying to slow down for the season, which is normal. I would do your best to keep
him out & basking right now, as much as possible so he can get better.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom