Whats wrong?

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
oh good. i see you have input from KarrieRee and Drachie613. they were who i was going to refer you to last night after getting the information i knew they would want to have.

myself, for basking decor for UVB i use a long grape vine that is angled from the floor to high up on the side wall of the enclosure, which gives sir henry many options for how close he wants to be to the light. takes away the guess work for placement distance. this is the one i have, but they have different sizes so you can choose what works best for your enclosure. Wholesale Lugarti Premium Grapevine

i have his basking light set up right behind to the UVB with a different platform under it. sir henry spends the day going back and forth between the two areas.
I have one of these already, but he doesn't use it much, its priced right where his basking and uvb is

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
oh cool. so he at least has options if he chooses to use it.

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
oh cool. so he at least has options if he chooses to use it.
Yes, I just don't understand what could be causing this because he has everything he needs and everything is the way it should be. I just need help on how my tank should look and what should go where. Since something is up.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The UVB light placement was most likely too far away so he hasn't been getting strong enough
UVB exposure. That will hamper his calcium absorption. This type of tube bulb will need to be at
a 6-8 inch distance, directly overhead so it shines directly down onto him.
The Neoglucagon is a good liquid calcium. It is a concentrated formula there so you will want to
be careful dosing him. I can dose him for you, if you would like? I just need his weight & I can give
you an exact amount.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
Hello,

The UVB light placement was most likely too far away so he hasn't been getting strong enough
UVB exposure. That will hamper his calcium absorption. This type of tube bulb will need to be at
a 6-8 inch distance, directly overhead so it shines directly down onto him.
The Neoglucagon is a good liquid calcium. It is a concentrated formula there so you will want to
be careful dosing him. I can dose him for you, if you would like? I just need his weight & I can give
you an exact amount.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Well they told us to give him 0.07 and tomorrow I am buying a completely new uvb setup, im lowering the bricks by 2 and going to try and hang a longer fixture in his tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well they told us to give him 0.07 and tomorrow I am buying a completely new uvb setup, im lowering the bricks by 2 and going to try and hang a longer fixture in his tank.
For a T 5 fixture you want it 12-15 inches in the tank -- Zoo Med -- Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt are good fixtures - you are going to need to get the Reptisun 10.0 bulb for the Zoo Med - I would get a 24" fixture

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
For a T 5 fixture you want it 12-15 inches in the tank -- Zoo Med -- Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt are good fixtures - you are going to need to get the Reptisun 10.0 bulb for the Zoo Med - I would get a 24" fixture
So is that what is wrong? Is his uvb isn't correct?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
it's quite possible. and also the easiest thing to check out and fix before moving on to other more medical issues. a lot of the time fixing lights/heat fixes the problem. or in the case of MBD, it keeps it from getting worse.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going today with your dragon?
Have you gotten the lighting sorted out right now? Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Kaktus_kid

Beardie name(s)
Kilton
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I have my Zoo Med T5 10.0 HO set up about 8 inches above my boys basking spot (inside the tank). I have it set up like this based off the chart on the Zoo Med website. Should it be at 12-15 inches instead?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I have my Zoo Med T5 10.0 HO set up about 8 inches above my boys basking spot (inside the tank). I have it set up like this based off the chart on the Zoo Med website. Should it be at 12-15 inches instead?
8 inches is pretty close for a T 5 - is the whole basking area at 8 or does he have places he can sit farther away? His behavior is going to tell you if its too strong- he wont sit under it for long periods of time - the 8 inches you have set for is a T 8 -

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
Hello,

How are things going today with your dragon?
Have you gotten the lighting sorted out right now? Let us know how things are going.

Tracie
Hello, today I came into my room to find him upside down in his tank. I don't know for how long and I don't know how he got there. He wasn't trying to get up he was just layin there. I think I have decided to find him a new home someone who can help him better then I can. I've tried literally everything with him and he isn't getting better:/ i can't just watch him suffer any longer. I'm horribly sad and have not stopped crying since the incident.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry this is going on. It could be Adenovirus possibly, have you tested him for that? Are
you giving him to a friend?
I know it's hard watching them go through health problems & it does take time for them to get better.
Is he ok now, was his beard dark in color or normal?

Tracie

boopidbanana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petey
Hello,

I am so sorry this is going on. It could be Adenovirus possibly, have you tested him for that? Are
you giving him to a friend?
I know it's hard watching them go through health problems & it does take time for them to get better.
Is he ok now, was his beard dark in color or normal?

Tracie
I have not gotten him tested for that. I don't know who im giving him to yet, I really don't want to. I was gonna see what our local reptile store could do for us maybe they could take him. I think his beard was a little dark, but it was hard to see since I was so scared. I just don't want him to suffer any longer if he is.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom