surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedneato

Sub-Adult Member
I just got back home from dropping Neato off for a scope surgery. Vet is using tiny scope to see what is growing in his chest. He believes the tumor is growing inside his liver and it will be inoperable.

Please keep him in your thoughts

Lynn

beardedneato

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This waiting is so hard. I hope it is just an infection or something. Neato already had skin cancer removed last year and radiation since they didn't remove all the cancer cells. At that time they said that kind of cancer didn't metastasize to other areas. I don't know.

Poor Neato. I've been cleaning his tank and getting it ready for his recovery from surgery to keep me busy.

beardedneato

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Vet doesn't think Neato has cancer. He didn't find any tumors inside him. He said lungs, heart and intestines all looked good.

Neato liver is in bad shape. It is over sized, misshapen and orange and yellow instead of the normal reddish. Neato is to take silymarin for liver function for the rest of his life. Vet was relieved it was the cancer he thought and seemed to think the liver issue was manageable.

If anyone has was to help reverse/stop liver damage please let me know.

Thanks

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom