Sudden Swollen Neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Rocky today? I hope he had a great day! :D
So you need .15ml of each drug? If so, that would be a total of .3ml, correct. On the 1ml syringe,
that would be the 3rd large increment on the syringe. Halfway would be .5 so 2 big increments
less than that.
Let us know how he is doing! We are all pulling for him.

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello guys,
Rocky had his meds yesterday, I gave the two seperately just to be safe but he wasn't very happy about it at all. He is still the same for the most part, maybe a little less active but he seems okay. I want to blend together some greens today, what do I add to them? Water? Should I add calcium? I have butternut squash, could I turn that into a yummy slurpy for him?

Thankyou for having my boy in your thoughts. ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor Rocky, most don't like taking meds but at least you got them into him. LOL
You can get some probiotics to help out his tummy in case the meds might be upsetting his
system. Try some non dairy acidophiliz or non dairy soy yogurt.
The butternut squash can be mixed in with some greens, that would be nutritious for him.
You can definitely add some calcium in for him as well! You can also add water or a little
bit of juice like apple or cranberry, but no citrus. :D

Let us know he is doing.
Tracie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You can get Benebac, too for a probiotic, it sells in bird sections in pet shops. Or you can order Reptophilus on Tracie's site www.bug-de-lite.com. You give the probiotic on the opposite day of the meds, at least 6 hours apart. Your baby will feel much better with either one.

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello all,

Thanks for the info! I will definitely pick those up. Meds were easier to do today, he let me on the second try and he didn't get upset at all so that's good. The swelling is still the same I guess but he still seems okay, I suspect maybe a little tummy discomfort is causing him to be a little quiet and lacking activity so he should perk up later today.

My blender is no good for squash, I tried yesterday and it just wasn't happening, I know if I were to cook it, the goodies will be boiled out of it. Any ideas?
I will try to find the baby food 'cause he will not eat any greens on his own.

I'll keep you updated!
Emma

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Rocky2710":3q22qrbl said:
Hello all,

Thanks for the info! I will definitely pick those up. Meds were easier to do today, he let me on the second try and he didn't get upset at all so that's good. The swelling is still the same I guess but he still seems okay, I suspect maybe a little tummy discomfort is causing him to be a little quiet and lacking activity so he should perk up later today.

My blender is no good for squash, I tried yesterday and it just wasn't happening, I know if I were to cook it, the goodies will be boiled out of it. Any ideas?
I will try to find the baby food 'cause he will not eat any greens on his own.

I'll keep you updated!

Emma
How about steaming it just a little, then blending?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's a good idea, just light steaming and a bit of water should make it easy & no nutrients are lost. You can also get veggies baby food as well, to add to the slurry, I feed mine baby food veggies when I make my mix of 1/4 tsp Carnivore Care (protein), 1/4 tsp Critical Care (all vit/min), 1 tsp butternut squash baby food and sprinkle with bee pollen. Then add a bit of water and whisk until all the bumps are out and feed by syringe. It's a complete meal. I've used this mix for years when my dragons aren't feeling 100% well and it helps with energy and give them full tummies. Mine love this mix and you can get everything thru Amazon for good prices.

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That sounds great, I'll do that. I'll head on amazon now! I've been trying to upload a pic so you can see how he is but it's not been working for me. I will keep trying.

Still no downward changes, chasing the worms, drinking water, bright and happy, no dark beard. And the swelling is no bigger. ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he is doing pretty well overall! I like that he doesn't have a black beard, he
must not be feeling too badly. Since the area isn't increasing in swelling that is a great sign!
Let us know how the slurries turn out. Steaming would help out for getting the squash soft
enough to blend up. Good luck, at least he is cooperating with the meds right now. :D

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Would this mean that the leak has clotted? If it isn't getting bigger? I'm not really sure what happens.
I've ordered Critical Care, Reptoboost but seeing as he is fully alert with his prey chasing, I've not gone for the Carnivore Care just yet. Going to pick up the soy yogurt today. They say time heals, I'm praying this is the case.

Emma

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey guys!
Wanted to check the baby food(s) with you..

I have Organic Carrots, Peas and Kale. And I have Butternut Squash, Carrot and Apple. They are smooth, no lumps. Are these okay? Could you run by me again how to add Critical Care? Sorry to be a bother, I always want to make sure I'm doing it right, lol. Rocky seems good, no difference, still very active!

Thanks in advance!
Em

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The babyfoods are good and so glad they're organic. They won't last longer than 3-4 days in the fridge, so be aware of that. So the recipe is 1/2 tsp Critical care, (if you have Carnivore Care, then it's 1/4 tsp of each). 1 tsp veggie baby food, sprinkle liberally with bee pollen. Add a bit of water and whisk until the lumps are all gone. Feed by syringe, 1 ml at a time.
I hope he likes it!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Em,

How is he doing today?
I hope he likes the baby food, most of them tend to love the flavors. I am glad to hear that
Rocky is still very active & seems to be doing well! Let us know how his slurries turn out. :D

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi!
Thanks for responses! Okay so, he had around 1ml of the squash one yesterday and I think he really enjoyed it, he had the most adorable little mustache! I've ordered the bee pollen, it looks like small grains, is that correct?

He's a little white/grey around the lip area and has been bulging his eyes so I think he may be on the verge of a shed but is still bouncing around, I'm so pleased with how he is doing, it's as if nothing has happened. He's taking his meds like a champ, it really doesn't bother him.

The Reptoboost arrived.. Electrolyte, Probiotic and Energy Drink. Is this any good to give?

I can't believe how much information I have absorbed from you all over this unfortunate time, you are great! I can't thank you enough, I'd have been lost.

Rocky is back at the vet next Monday, I will keep you updated and will upload new pics soon!

Emma

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Emma,

That is wonderful Rocky is doing better, how wonderful! :D
If his head is getting ready to shed, that's a great sign, too. Don't you love the eye bulging?
So he seemed to really like the squash then? A lot of them do & they do get messy just like a
baby does when feeding them. LOL
The bee pollen can be in granules or in straight powder so either way is fine. It sounds like he
is feeling pretty good so hopefully he will just continue on that trek & completely recover.
The Reptoboost should help him out, it seems to work well for most of them. I would give it
a try for him.
I'm glad to hear you have enjoyed your time here, we try our best! Let us know how the vets
visit goes & definitely post some new pictures when you can.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom