Sudden Swollen Neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great the swelling hasn't increased anyway, that is a positive sign! I'm happy to hear
he isn't having any trouble eating, either. Yes, I agree. If it did become larger, you wouldn't
really have much of an option other than operate. You never know, he might pull through the
surgery. Vets aren't always right!
For now, just keep him on an even keel as much as you can. It sounds like he is doing pretty
well though, all things considered. I'm sure the extra love & attention doesn't hurt, either. LOL

Keep us posted on his progress.
Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey all,

Rocky is doing good, still no change, still bobbing and being funny. Still chasing after food which I think is great! That tells me the swelling isn't complicating his eating. I can't seem to get the upper shelves off the back of the viv. ☹

I'll be arranging a vet check up in a few weeks to check on progress and I'll weigh him in about a week or so to check he isn't losing any weight. He is a little irritated by his mouth shed but it's almost finished. He's still bright and happy. I have high hopes for my gorgeous boy!

I got a little sad a few days ago so I took him out and gave him tons of kisses, lol. But I'm sure he'll be just fine.

I'll keep you all in the loop, thanks for all your support and well wishes, we appreciate it a lot. He sends you guys a head bob as a thank you, lol. ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is very good news that the swelling hasn't increased though thus far! These types of things
do take time to recede. At least he is able to eat without any issues.
That's great Rocky feels good enough to bob & act crazy. LOL
The shedding does aggravate them quite a bit sometimes. It will all come off soon enough.
Definitely let us know how the vet visit goes!

Tracie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad to hear that he's improving and eating well and bobbing, all a good sign. Hopefully, when you get him to the vet, they tell you that the swelling has gone down alot. My Gabriel had a huge aneurysm in his belly, but over the last month he seems to have absorbed it. He lost 80g, which was the weight of the darned thing and he's full of energy, well for an almost 8 year old :D So all the best to Rocky and my boys all bobbed to tell him, he's doing so well!
Deb

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you both.
I'm looking for a fast reply this morning... Rocky woke me up by frantically running around his tank, jumping up at the glass, he seems wide awake, his lights were/are off. I checked on him, picked him up and can't see anything wrong but I'm panicking about his swelling rupturing??? Do I need to rush to the vet? Please help, I'm worried.

Emma

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, call your vet and see if you can get him in asap on an emergency visit. You want to make sure and keep us posted, k? Good luck!

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He did this once before, a long time ago, a few minutes after lights out he was scratching at the glass and it turned out he just wanted cuddles. So he didn't want to go back to sleep this morning, I took him out and he happily went sound asleep on top of me in his blanket and now he seems to be fine, eating, bright as a butterfly. I'll post some pics but his neck seems the same. I'll see what you guys think...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He sure is a good looking beardie, love his colours, can't even tell he has a lump. I'm hping he's doing what my Gabriel did. Gabriel had a huge 80g aneurysm in his belly and he absorbed it after having it for 2 years! He's almost 8 years old, had no idea he'd do that. I give him Serrepeptase every day, get it from www.bug-de-lite.com, he likes raspberry and mango flavours. So you might want to give him some, it's an anti-inflammatory and soft painkiller, so might help him. It sure helped Gabriel, who's almost 8 years old.

He looks SO healthy

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gabriel's story gives me a lot of hope, 8 years old, wow. He must be a happy boy! I'm hoping this thing has started to go down, it's even more soft and saggy where the neck is and not as tight but I know that it's still there. It just looks dented where it was once very rounded on the left side, it looks more in the middle now, not sure if that's a good thing, lol. He has no problems chewing and he's still very much alert!

Just keeping an eye on him for now. Following a rupture, should it happen, is there anything I should watch for? Maybe a symptom that you know of?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
For Gabriel, if it had ruptured, he'd have bled out, so the fact that he absorbed it, was great news. I didn't do anything, it was just gone one day.

You said you were going to get him into the vet at some point? Until then, let him be his happy, energetic self. I know what it's like to have to come up with vet bills. Freya is in to see the vet on Wednesday, as she has a bump where it shouldn't be. A huge belly, which isn't right and a hard ball underneath her left knee that isn't doing any harm or affecting her walking. But for an 8 mo old, to have your belly drag on the ground when you run, isn't normal. My dog Bella got spayed on Apr 3 and everytime her cone comes off, she licks the whole area red and gets more cream night and day. I'm hoping, on Sunday, she'll be allowed to have the cone off permanently. We're both fed up with it LOL
And she's going in for a grooming on Tuesday, too, then Freya to the vet on Wed. Busy week!

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow you do have a busy week, I hope all goes well and it's not too costly! I always put my animals before myself so I'm not one to complain, I get it, lol.

Rocky had a good day, it was very warm out today so he wanted out for a wonder around the room but I had to meet a friend for dinner so he didn't get to play as long as he wanted! ☹

Hopefully tomorrow will be bright too, he has plenty of time to explore then. Good luck to Freya, let us know how the vet visit goes. ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful it has gone down some & even changed shape & consistency also! I hope
he continues on that trend & fully recovers real soon. Bless him!
At least he is eating normally, happy & is active. :D

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey guys,
So I think I have an update, not too sure but I feel it's an important change. Taking into consideration day one, when this swelling was quite bulbous on the left side, I've noticed that the same left side appears to have what looks like a dent, like someone's pushed a thumb slightly into a ball of childrens playdoh (funny example I know but can't think of anything else). So, upon seeing this I'm not sure whether it's being absorbed or that it's gotten heavier and is drooping more, hence it being more visible in the middle rather than on the left where it was previously most visible. I'm hoping the former.

I'm going to give it another 5 days then we'll have a check up with the vet. I'll also weigh him tomorrow and see if there's any changes there.
I picked up an organic chicken and sweet squash baby food for him, is this okay to give?

I'll post pics of what I've described when I can.
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom