Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Jess!

I just thought I'd let you know that I bought some shelf liner at walmart for my Beardies, and they love it! I think Fiz liked the texture of it the most. Instead of scrubby reptile carpet, he has some nice smooth shelf liner to play on! I got the bamboo texture you have. They only had simple prints in one color, and the patterned prints I could buy were eather this oak wood looking thing, little apples, or some ugly colored stripes. My options were pretty slim, so I just bought the bamboo one. Thanks for the idea, my Beardies really appriciate their new substrate. (Oh yeah, I love that you can wipe poop up off of it with a damp paper towel. With the reptile carpet, there were always ugly gross stains!)

jewl495

Juvie Member
Jess":h2srf9q8 said:

I'm glad Dud is awake, but sometimes he can be SO. ANNOYING. Like, when he wakes me up at 7:30 on the weekend by relentlessly throwing himself against the glass doors. And how right now he thinks superworms > roaches.

Aw he just wants you to pay attention to him! Your Leo's are pretty cute my son is begging me for one but im not sure he will take care of it. He will be watching his friends Leo for the holidays so we shall see how he does. I might be seeking your advice soon. :)

ks85

I've kept leopard geckos for the last 5 yrs or so and only ever had the shed in the eye once.... it was on a new baby from the pet store, where there was no humid hide/incorrect habitat... he had retained shed all over his feet too. what I did was flood the eye so that the skin loosened up, and I got hold of it and picked it off. I did the same thing with his feet, using a super tiny pair of scissors... Now you are supposed to let them lose their shed naturally, but in cases concerning the eye or around the toes/tip of tail... u kinda have to get it off or it will hurt them. My friend had a leopard lose an eye from shed getting in it. I hope it clears up for you! I would try to get it out if at all possible. good luck :)
Kristen

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@PumpkinJelly: Awesome, I'm glad it is working out so well for you! Shelf liner is SO much better than reptile carpet! :D

Thanks ColoradoRiverRafter!

@Jewl: Once you get the initial set-up going, they are super easy to care for! I hope your son does well with his friend's leo!

@ks85: Aww, poor baby leo. :( I just got Stanley's eye shed out...

So poor Stanley started shedding last night. Since he refuses to try his humid hide, he was pretty miserable. When geckos shed it is all supposed to come off at once, but his wouldn't so he was scooting around his tank and rubbing against everything. This morning he had gotten most of it off: There was still some on his foot, the end of his tail, and under it. But the shed in his eye had gotten HUGE... Before he could mostly close his eye around it, but it was completely bulging out of his eye now! So I gave him another soak, put some water on it, and started gently rubbing it... And this is what come out of Stanley's eye:

1218011209.jpg

1218011209a.jpg

His eye looks like it is permanently damaged though. :( It is completely black and opaque-looking. I hope he at least feels a little more comfortable now though. He didn't get upset with me when I was rubbing it off, and afterward he started blinking and licking off his bad eye. I wonder how long that thing was on there?!

And while we're on the subject of leos... I'm having issues with my stupid UTH. I finally got one for Stan last night. It's the same exact one as Stella's, and they have the same substrate and everything. But my therm says this one is ony getting to about 84*F? I'm not sure if the therm is wrong or if the UTH is defective. It feels about the same as Stella's, but her therm says that hers is in the low 90s. Stan's therm is an extra digital Zilla one I had, and Stella's is an Acu-Rite. What is going on here?!

I have more pics of Dudley and everyone to post too! :D

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
OH MY GOSH!

Poor little Stan! Wow, that is a BIG eye shed! Poor baby, my eye is hurting just thinking about having that huge, thick piece of shed just stuck in my eye! You definetely did a good deed getting that out for Stanley. He's probably just thinking to himself, "Ahh, it feels so nice now".

Is he blind in the damaged eye? There's a good chance he is, but I was just wondering if something magical occured and he still has sight in the eye.

Yes, the shelf liner is AWESOME!!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Poor little leo. Take care of little Stanley Jess! :p I know you will. Yea I would try checking that UTH with the other thermometer if you can. Take it back if it still isn't getting warm enough. Anyway, yes moar pictures :p

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Stanley is doing well. Since that thing came off his eye, the bad eye had actually been looking a lot better, so I think he may be able to see out of it! And I just gave him his nice Zoomed heater today, which works perfectly.

Dudley is doing great too. His Christmas present it a nice ReptiSun hood with a reflector that I'm going to mount in his viv, and I think I'm going to get him some new linoleum flooring for his viv too. :D

I've also discovered that my lizards all need to be fed in a certain order LOL. The other day when I was feeding everyone, I put supers in Dud's bowl, and went to feed Stanley. Stan's viv is right across from Dud, so Dud can see everything that's going on. When I was feeding Stanley his super, Dudley saw and he completely freaked out! He went from happily basking to black bearding and body-slamming the glass doors in a second! :shock: So I took him out, tried to calm him down a little (He was dead set on devouring poor Stanley and his worms, LOL), and when I put him back in his viv I put his worm dish right in front of him. He ate one, the black beard went away, and he resumed basking normally. :roll: Dudley has anger problems, me thinks.

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! I'm going to Wisconsin for the next three days, but I will post more when I come back. :)

jewl495

Juvie Member
Aww someone is a little jealous that mommy is giving yummy treats to someone else! That is hilarious. :laughing6:

I'm glad to hear that Stanley is doing better and that you think he can still see. Poor baby! Im going to need your advice on Leo setup soon I think. We are babysitting the Sergeant Peat atm and his set up is all wrong poor lil guy. He had a bight light on for heat so we went and bought him an UTH and turned off is light. I'm not sure if he still needs a light on or not and he doesn't have a humid hide either. My son wants to start getting supplies now for his future leo.

Enjoy your mini vacation and I look forward to more pics when you return!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I thought it's about time everyone had some updates on the scaley babies. :D

Dudley is doing great, as usual LOL. He has been eating his veggies daily like a good little beardie, and his roach genocide has been taking a toll on my poor colony!
I re-did his viv a little too. I got him a nice ReptiSun hood with a reflector for his UVB light, that I mounted in his viv. I like it MUCH better than the under-the-counter fixture I was using. Definitely worth paying a little more for.
I also got him dimmer switches for his basking light and CHE, so the temps are perfect now.
I found some different linoleum scraps in my garage too, so I decided to try a different flooring. It is more grippable for him than the reddish stuff I was using before, but IDK if I like the color as much. I'm still hoping it will grow on me! Let me know what you think!

DSC02619.jpg

DSC02622.jpg

DSC02620.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02623.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

DSC02625.jpg

DSC02647.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

Next up is Stella. She is doing awesome, and growing like a little weed... She is about 7 months old now, and weighed in at 51g a couple days ago! She has really grown, and I love her coloring!

Here she is in her humid hide the day after I got her (October):
DSC02245.jpg

Stella in the same humid hide last week, right before I gave her a bigger one!
DSC02610.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

DSC02640.jpg

DSC02642.jpg

DSC02643.jpg

DSC02644.jpg

DSC02645.jpg

Her viv. The new humid hide is in the middle... She is in love with that thing LOL.
DSC02659.jpg

Ok, now for Stanley!
He has been doing great since his eye shed came off. His eye is pretty much back to normal too!

DSC02604.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

Bad eye:
DSC02607.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

Since he discovered the joys of a humid hide, he is obsessed with his LOL!
DSC02613.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

DSC02617.jpg

I have a few more, but Photobucket is glitching up on me. :roll:

Not too much going on though LOL. I'm going to be repainting my room soon, so I'm excited for that. :D It will be a periwinkle color with my "reptile wall" being a darker blue. I'll post pics of the colors once PB likes me again.
Otherwise, my boring life consists of school, work, and obsessively watching Vampire Diaries on Netflix. Most addicting show. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom