Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, I didn't realize Wink passed on your b-day. So sorry. But I agree, I' sure he chose Dudley for you. ;)

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Sashee":38dfowsw said:
Wow, I didn't realize Wink passed on your b-day. So sorry. But I agree, I' sure he chose Dudley for you. ;)

Yeah, I basically just have wonderful luck like that. :roll: I was born on Friday the 13th, so it figures. LOL

Dudley actually gave me a belated birthday gift of completely cleaning off his plate of collards. :shock:

I have some pictures that I'll be uploading today, including pics of the beginning stages of... *Drumroll, please*... Dudley's new Fake Rock Structure!!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I have more pictures!!

Here is Dudley vs. Superworm pictures... It didn't end too well for the worms, LOL. :lol:

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

He enjoys chewing up the poor worms, spitting them out, and then eating them again. Yummmm.
DSC01166.jpg

Sleepy time!
DSC01154.jpg

DSC01155.jpg

As you can see, he lounges around in very attractive poses.
DSC01135.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

Enjoying his new harness from Christine!
DSC01100.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

Just bein' Dudley, LOL.
DSC01094.jpg

And finally... His new rock structure! It's part of his birthday present. :D

Beginning stages (I ended up making the top part 2 layers higher):
DSC01119.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

After the final grouting:
DSC01171.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

Just gotta paint it and seal it!

So yeah. Just thought everyone would enjoy some pictures before the world ends in 27 minutes, so all you un-raptured people can still look at his lovely face. :wink:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
More than an hour later, and I'm still here, so guess what, it didn't happen like that man said it would. Anyway, Dudley looks great! Our girls chew the supers very well but they don't 're-chew' them as Dudley does.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks guys! I'm still alive too! :blob5: Hooray!

That rock structure has turned out SO much better than the first 2 I made. I didn't make the grout thick enough on those so it ended up cracking a lot, and I make the mistake of using Great Stuff foam. A couple superworms crawled into thhe little holes and died somewhere with in the structure, and it ended up being really un-level because I didn't realize you can to wait a couple days for it to shrink back down before you carved it out. I actually am having a lot of fun with this structure though! :D

LOL, I don't know why Dudley feels the need to re-chew his food, but he's been doing it ever since I got him. It's SO nasty... He bites them in half sometimes, and then the half with the head on it will run away! :puke:

BTW, I was going to order him some hornworms or silkworms for his birthday, if my mom can't take us to Twin Cities Reptile (They sell horns there). Whick one of those is you guy's beardie's favorite??

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I've never tried silkworms. I've tried Hornworm on Redrock and our current two, Goldie and Rosie and out of about a 12 pack of horns they ate all but 4 or 5, between both of them. Redrock loved them during the summer so I won't try them on our current two, tho as they didn't seem to be interrested in them or in butterworms.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

The only thing I'm worried about with hornworms is I'm wondering if he won't eat them because they are green. :roll: He is a brat about eating his green veggies.
Everything is SO expensive though! www.lindasgonebuggie.com seems to have the best prices, and I could get 25 silks for about $16 shipped... But still, that's more than I'm used to spending on a couple of buggies LOL.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

One year ago today, I adopted my little Dudley dude! :love5: I actually had to babysit today for the same people I babysat for on the day I got him LOL, so I haven't had time to post in his thread until now! I gave him the new rock structure I made for his cage, and he seems to like it. :D He got a bath this morning and some super worms and strawberries, and he is snuggling with me as I type this right now. So, I'd say he had a pretty good day.

I'll add some pictures to this soon! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom