stress???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftshoulderangel111

Original Poster
i managed to get some pictures but of course he doesnt look as dark on them as he does here and this isnt quite as dark as he has been being
009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

the other day was the brightest ive ever seen him it he was a highyellowish red color so its quite a stark contrast for just a days time

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Im no expert just going by what mine look like, to me he looks cold. His whole body is darkened trying to absorb heat. Usually if they are stressed their belly has the dark spots. Id try and raise his basking temp up to 105 to 110.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
im now repeating everything everyone has said, yes the reptisun 10.0 is crucial to his overall health, an average white household bulb will be fine. now mine are both in 5x2x2 foot vivariums and they have the reptsun and a 60watt white household bulb and one of them has a CHE as it dont quite get up to temp otherwise so maybe you should invest nin getting a ceramic heat emitter? that gives off plenty of heat but no light so its fantastic to use at night if your temps are dropping below 65f.

leftshoulderangel111

Original Poster
ive come to the conclusion that its somthin to do with heat and my seven year old bein over him....sad to say those temps havent been much higher in a whilethey stay right aound 90 but this is according to a probe thermometer...ive always figured he was ok because i see him gaping and his always acted comfortable and has always been bright and cool with everything goin on...but either way i will be doing what i can to get him in his other tank today....thanks for all of your help....o yea..i gott another picture but i think i already know whats up
001.jpg

leftshoulderangel111

Original Poster
i was told today that it was breeding season for bds and that he was sexually frustrated...anyway hes got all of his color back hes just really pissy and beardin up at everything....that sound right to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom