Stress marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorb

I have a new beardie. She is roughly 7 months. I've noticed that unless she is basking, she has dark stress marks. Everything else is normal, she is eating fine. Greens, rasberries, crickets ect. I'm just wondering if the marks are normal

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like your tank temps may be too cool except under the basking spot. Check temps of the cool side. Bearded dragons show stress marks...(I hate that term, its misleading) when they are trying to warm up. They turn dark to absorb more heat.

Taylorb

Original Poster
Rankins":37xjyvhx said:
Sounds like your tank temps may be too cool except under the basking spot. Check temps of the cool side. Bearded dragons show stress marks...(I hate that term, its misleading) when they are trying to warm up. They turn dark to absorb more heat.

On my cool side I have a 50 watt bulb and the UVB light is mainly on that side and in the middle as well. I need a new thermometer because my second one broke but I just figured 50w and the UVB was enough for the cool side because I have just a 100w on the basking side and the temp is 106 right now

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
What were the temps on the cool side?
Your basking temp is correct, but I didn't see a cool end temp. Kind of important to know what it is.

Taylorb

Original Poster
Rankins":18vw3yng said:
What were the temps on the cool side?
Your basking temp is correct, but I didn't see a cool end temp. Kind of important to know what it is.
Right now it is showing 85 on the thermometer and 100 on the basking temp

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Hmmm...any other symptoms?
If not, it probably isn't a big deal...maybe just getting under the light to get warm. Turning dark to absorb more heat. Your temps sound just fine...
Obviously monitor for any changes in condition.

Taylorb

Original Poster
Rankins":1mcuuw49 said:
Hmmm...any other symptoms?
If not, it probably isn't a big deal...maybe just getting under the light to get warm. Turning dark to absorb more heat. Your temps sound just fine...
Obviously monitor for any changes in condition.
I've noticed that she hasn't pooped either in about 3 days. As far as I knew they are supposed to everyday. I have her soaking in a bath now to hopefully help that .

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Taylorb":2q63zz2p said:
JessPets":2q63zz2p said:
So it's a stick on one?
There's a probe on the inside of the tank attached to the thermometer that's stuck to the outside of the tank

The probe needs to be laying right on the basking log (touching) and then you wait about 45 min for the temp to stop rising before getting the final basking SURFACE temp. Is that what you've been doing? After getting that reading, you place the probe on the bottom of the cool side, then wait another 45 min to get that reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom