Spyro, Ember, Toki, Taz, Rufus, and Scarlett-new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking and commenting for awhile and realized I never introduced my babies.

Spyro is 4 months old and growing like a weed. He is full of energy, very curious, and fearless. He loves to torment my daschund. They have stare downs from Spyro's tank. The other day my daschund decided to take Spyro to the living room for play time. Needless to say I wasn't amused when I seen Buddy, the daschund, carrying Spyro! Thank goodness he didn't hurt my baby. Buddy no longer goes near Spyro after that incident.

Before I got Spyro we got Auzzie. Auzzie was a Christmas gift for my 15 year old son. She was sick from the day we got her. I took her to the vet weekly just to make sure she was doing okay. In February, I noticed that she wasn't gaining weight or growing. After another vet visit I find out she has pinworms. She finished the panacur, but still wasn't growing and started losing weight. From there I started feeding her baby food and critical care. She started being more alert and eating a little on her own. On March 11, the vet weighed her and she had gained 2g that week. We were impressed. On the 17th, she started wobbling when she walked. She didn't want to open her eyes and acted lethargic. This was about 6 pm. The next morning I get up and she has crawled up to her stuffed animal. Her breathing was very shallow and it looked like only one lung was functioning. Overnight she looked as if she lost 10g. I immediately wrapped her up and rushed to the vet. She passed away on the way there. I still question myself wondering what I did wrong. Looking back I realized that she was never well and I did everything possible to help her become a healthy, happy beardie.

On March 23, I made the mistake of going to Petco for my dogs some treats. Of course, my son makes a beeline for the beardies. The manager comes by and tells me they just got some new babies in and asked if I wanted to see them. It's bad when they know you in stores. When I go to the back and I am floored at how teeny these babies were. My eyes were drawn to my Ember. She was 4 1/2 in long and weighed 6.9g. I wasn't leaving without her. I have had her for 2 weeks now and tonight she decided to snuggle in my hair and go to sleep. This made my night.

Now I have a Bassett Hound, a daschund, a shih-tzu, two fish, and my two babies!

This is Spyro fighting the wolf. I think he won.
AD5E9828-E369-42E6-8863-D475FDCEC084.jpg

He really wanted to see Ember. I haven't allowed them together.
87A3C058-FFDD-4927-855A-72052D3D92B4.jpg

Please mom!
99687C9A-86FD-428E-8AE2-30BE769784D3.jpg

Will upload Ember's pictures in a few.

I also just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this site. I have learned so much about beardies from reading the posts.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! Spyro is hilarious. He decided to climb the curtains today.

This is my Ember (still unsure of sex). Hoping its a boy but my son refers to Ember as a she.
Sexy legs!
171EA946-ACA8-459F-8ABF-94AC1739C604.jpg

She is fascinated by the ipad. I decided to show her some dragons.
B9CAF4FF-6DC1-4968-B0A0-745DD709347E.jpg

Taking a bath
08a6ce03ccd65b5b3f8e3b5e115a5796.jpg

I love her colors. She shed last week and the orange on her sides got brighter and the yellow is coming out.
741C18CE-BFB6-483A-853D-F7F41149DA8F.jpg

Ember battling the wolf. She has a bit more growing before she can win!
5E4D791C-688A-4B27-BE0D-E473995F7A44.jpg

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I fixed the other pictures. I accidentally moved some pictures back to a private folder.

lisa127

They are both beautiful!

In my clan there is not only a beardie but a shih Tzu as well!! Most loving dog I've ever lived with, and I've been living with dogs for more than 45 years.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She hates the probe! I think she was in the process of pushing it off her log.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nothing like getting home after lights out and both munchkins waiting to be wrapped up and snuggled with before bedtime.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My munchkins have reached a new milestone. Spyro is 5 months old, 12 3/4in, and 101.9g. Ember is almost 6 weeks old, 6 1/2in, and 10.4g. Not bad considering how teeny they were when I got them. So glad I get to watch them grow. For the past 2 nights Ember has decided to jump on my head and go to sleep. She loves getting attention almost as much as Spyro.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Spyro just black bearded the ceiling fan! :lol: He just shed his head and body so he has been super grumpy. Today was a first and hilarious! He is 13 1/2in long and 142.2g at 6 months old.

Ember is still my clingy baby. She is 16.8g and 7 1/4in long at 2 months old. She has no interest in exploring. My shoulder and head are her favorite places to stay perched on. I can put her on the bed and she runs back to me. Nothing stresses her at all. She sat on my shoulder for an hour while cleaning today. Maybe one day she will want to explore.

-Sabrina

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Spring has sprung on Spyro! He just jumped on my sons face 4 times in a row biting his nose! :lol: Oh my goodness! We can't stop laughing!

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Brezzy99":1ri64ams said:
Spring has sprung on Spyro! He just jumped on my sons face 4 times in a row biting his nose! :lol: Oh my goodness! We can't stop laughing!
Lol!!!! Hope he didn't scratch him tho. Those nails are SHARP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom